School superintendent fired after desk-on-roof prank

Originally published at: School superintendent fired after desk-on-roof prank

6 Likes

At first, I thought that this seemed a little excessive for a minor prank, but…

Turnage, himself on administrative leave, achieved some notoriety during the Covid pandemic for claiming that the disease “allows the sick, the old, the injured to meet its natural course in nature” and for saying the deaths of homeless people removed “a significant burden on our society.”

Makes this sound like it was more of a last straw. Because somebody that long tolerated a Nazi eugenicist on staff probably does need to go.

13 Likes

I’m not sure why a school district would hire a guy who had already been fired from a job with the city for saying serial-killer crap.

Who’s gonna be next to give this sociopathic mediocrity his next cushy, well-paying job that he’ll eventually be fired from? Spin the wheel, spin the wheel…

7 Likes

Sounds like he might thrive at the Antioch Police Dept.

10 Likes

Halpert? I feel like I’m missing something here. Context, please?

3 Likes
7 Likes

Inferiorintendent.

4 Likes

My guess is this “prank” was the most visible in a long history of bullying employees who were subordinate.

8 Likes

a forklift? how gauche.

“Ann Arbor Pioneer High School students found, when they arrived for classes this morning, that the school building had acquired an unusual addition. The small car, apparently dismantled to accomplish the “trip” from ground to roof, was painted in the school’s colors- purple and white. The class year of the young “engineers” is obvious.”

May 12 1969

8 Likes

Some senior class at Grosse Pointe South (also Michigan) also disassembled a Bug and put it on the school’s roof. I heard about it, but if I was told the year it happened, I’ve forgot.

5 Likes

An engineering student at Rice University gathered a group of students the night before graduation, and picked up and turned around a statue to face the opposite direction. No machinery, no trace of how they did it. I suspect they used some scaffolding and several sets of block and tackle, but that’s a wild ass guess. The administration was pretty angry, because he wouldn’t talk, but they let him walk anyway. They just settled on using a crane to turn it back around. I never got why they didn’t just ask the engineering department for help.

8 Likes

I studied engineering at UBC in Vancouver. They specialized in Bug Hoists.

https://macleans.ca/general/i-prank-therefore-i-am/

Wasn’t me.

6 Likes

Ah! Heard of it, but never watched it. The idea makes sense, though. Thank you!

2 Likes

How do these insane morons keep getting in positions of mild, boring power?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.