Schwarzenegger mistakenly filled gas trench, not pothole

Originally published at: Schwarzenegger mistakenly filled gas trench, not pothole | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Republicans. Even when they’re trying to help, they fuck things up.

14 Likes

“Performative pothole-patching for the press” has been a hobby of Arnold’s for a long time.

9 Likes

Not the first time he filled the wrong trench.

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

6 Likes

Sorry, the joke was gross.

1 Like

Well, I didn’t get what you were trying to say, but now I’m guessing you mean his affair… then if so, yeah, that’s kind of gross.

12 Likes

Has this become a teachable moment?

10 Likes

I know I’ve had a few teachable moments from Tamsin and Mindysan, for which I am thankful.

14 Likes

Learning from them is the trick.

ezgif-1-fdeae02547

13 Likes

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

12 Likes

I just couldn’t resist. But yes.

3 Likes

Try harder next time or no gold star for you.

9 Likes

I never deserved any. But thanks.

Terminators. Can’t take 'em anywhere!

He’ll be back, to apologise.

2 Likes

Honestly a trench sounds worse than a pothole.

Couldn’t they at least put those steel plates over it? I hate those things, but they are better than a trench.

10 Likes

No. They dug a trench. They did their work. They filled the trench back in. They slapped a temporary patch on top and let it sit. This is normal procedure–since they filled the ground in settling is to be expected. After a month (in this case, some weather delay also) they come back and put down a proper surface.

Not only do you not need a steel plate over it doing so would defeat the purpose of letting traffic finish settling the ground.

5 Likes

Missed opportunity:

Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF

5 Likes

My regret widens. :frowning:

2 Likes

As deep and wide as that thing was, it needed to be filled in or at least covered/blocked. Permit or no, let’s be serious.

5 Likes