Science fair: “Does your cat’s butthole really touch all the surfaces in your home?”

Originally published at: Science fair: "Does your cat's butthole really touch all the surfaces in your home?" | Boing Boing

12 Likes

“…but there were smears of lipstick on soft surfaces like the bed.”

My cat is currently lounging on my bed.

24 Likes

kids dad, “yeah it’s-it’s from the cat!” Mom quickly takes sheets off bed!

18 Likes

If this kid’s future romantic interest ever gets a letter marked SWAK they might want to put on rubber gloves before handling it.

15 Likes

“What on Earth are you doing with my good lipstick?!?!?”

37 Likes

As a person living with many cats, I can report that cats do sometimes touch humans with their butthole.

24 Likes

7 Likes

He ran his experiment by putting a non-toxic lipstick on his cats’ anuses . . .

Our future is secure with young leaders like this. Can’t wait for the first Ted Talk.

42 Likes

Brings a (w)hole new meaning to “pucker up.”

15 Likes

Non-toxic lipstick?

15 Likes

I’m sure that the Joker is probably the source of most toxic lipstick.

17 Likes

My first thought was River Song:

20 Likes

Someone needs to nominate this young researcher for an IgNobel award. This awesome research definitely meets the criteria of “…seem bizarre at first glance, but are highly relevant for business and progress.” ref.

27 Likes

Now what about dog buttholes?

16 Likes

oh, the memories

edit: I wonder if the results would be any different using uv reactive lipstick and a blacklight

21 Likes

And people say the US education system doesn’t take STEM seriously enough.

21 Likes

Conclusion: cats with medium and long hair are apparently more fastidious about keeping themselves clean

7 Likes

Not tested on animals. Until now.

16 Likes

anigif_385d52a9164d4a27c1e102beb5c65181-17|nullxnull

10 Likes

Quite possibly. Also, perhaps the kid applied the lipstick differently on the ‘hairy’ cats? (Less and/or more gingerly applied lipstick in an effort to avoid the hair 'round the buttholes? Was there any mention anywhere of his methodology?)

6 Likes