Cat owner runs a test to see if cats can pass through a narrow gap

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/17/cat-owner-runs-a-test-to-see-i.html

11 Likes

No cat was harmed during this exercise. I think…

8 Likes

Typically, when a subject in an experiment damages the device they are being tested with, the test should be immediately stopped.

Clearly, the cats knew the people running the experiment.

BTW: The look on the kitty’s face at 1:18.

6 Likes

Running an experiment with cats is always difficult, as they do have a habit of messing with the setup- here they moved and bent the cardboard, or just jumped over the gap.

It was a problem historically as well:

17 Likes

This was so adorable. I laughed way harder than I expected to, too.

5 Likes

Cats are liquid. It is known.

13 Likes

19 Likes

For science.

3 Likes

Interestingly, the head passes/body passes thing is also true of skunks, and their little pointy heads are much narrower than a cat’s.

4 Likes

I want to see what sort of interference pattern you get if you use two slits.

16 Likes

first you have to pass the cat through a half silvered mirror

7 Likes

after all those treaties all you can do is measure stomach sizes

Given that mice appear to be some sort of frictionless superfluid; that’s probably a good adaptation on their part.

2 Likes

I always thought it was ‘if the cat’s whiskers fit through a gap without touching the sides…’

Pluck a cat’s whiskers and you can get it into a thimble.

(No cats were harmed in the production of this nonsense.)

2 Likes

3 Likes

0ba

5 Likes

Maru is my favorite internet cat.

12 Likes

Meme is based on actual science:

And also for added cuteness:

9 Likes

You know, cat’s destroy enormous amounts of native birds…they kill everything they’re able to…they are extremely destructive of home furnishings…they are completely fickle, one minute they love you, the next they claw you…they seem erratic, almost neurotic in their habits. I’ve had cats that used the litter box, left the “matter” uncovered, and scratched the side of the washing machine 10 feet away for several minutes(?) , I’ve had cats that stole and hid anything that was shiny…I had a cat who I regularly had to take my wallet out of his mouth as he made a mad dash outside or into the unfinished cellar…I had a cat that refused to move for 12 hours, regularly, and every time I observed him, he was wide awake…I had a cat that had daily vocal arguments with me when I would stop him from pushing cups off the counter, scratched furniture, or made his stand on my newspaper…

They are also psychotically cruel to chipmunks, squirrels, birds, and other cats (when they can be). They’re monsters.

I fucking love these things!

3 Likes

Just FYI, this is an expression of major dissatisfaction, about territory with fellow cats, size of the tray, texture of the litter, or something similar.

4 Likes