Scientists unlock methods for testing evil

The scale they mention doesn’t seem to mention how many points it uses. (Ex: 3, 5, 10).

Also to be clear, it’s like golf and lower is better? :wink:

Do you really think a psychopath/sociopath/whatever-flavor-of-the-month-term-for-bad-person would accurately self report?

These instruments are extremely easily gamed, and the more intelligent ones are the ones who often do the most harm.

2 Likes

i love that show

3 Likes

Or you find out halfway through some tiny part either wasn’t included, or got lost along the way :frowning_face:

9 Likes

2 Likes

Dunning and Kruger say hi

1 Like

Zoom and enhance!

1 Like

I got 2.08, and they are using CSS percents to place the X in the gradient. It looks like the range is 1 to 5, just like the answers to the questions.

I scored 1.27, which is a big relief. It means when I destroy half of all life in the universe to relieve all suffering at once, I’ll be doing it with no evil intention at all.

3 Likes

It is hard to get ahead without cutting corners here and there.

I feel like this one is less about me as an individual and more about the fucked-up Late Stage Capitalism situation in contemporary society.

1 Like

I once obtained a perfectly good IKEA-style bookcase by rescuing it from the dumpster of my apartment complex… it was clearly brand new, but had been incorrectly assembled. I took it apart, found where the original owner had installed two pieces backwards in what was probably the second or third step of the process, and put the whole thing back together properly.

I had a lot of fun imagining someone breezing through the assembly instructions, only to look upon the crooked, shambling abomination their misplaced efforts had wrought and haul it down to the trash in defeated shame.

5 Likes

Finally, an objective test for, ‘Christ, what an asshole!’

Sounds a lot like the Chinese “Social Credit Score”, which I get the impression BoingBoing regards as a very bad thing.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting that this be used by the state in some way…

3 Likes

To be fair, when Thanos snapped his fingers, I bet rush hour traffic became sooooo much easier to navigate.

2 Likes

Nah, the cars were left behind. He made traffic worse.

2 Likes

I wasn’t thinking “douche”, I was definitely thinking a bit of male anatomy, and that’s what I’m going to keep calling it. The “D” factor if you’re a “D” to other people.

Maybe. If so, they could start with your questioning post.

:wink:: :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Real%20Genius__Lazlo__Maybe

1 Like