Scientology leader David Miscavige is reportedly missing

Originally published at: Scientology leader David Miscavige is reportedly missing | Boing Boing

11 Likes

The best we can hope for is that he is, in fact, with his long-‘missing’ wife.

Or, for the Christians among us, that he is in exactly the opposite place.

41 Likes

Came here for “with missing wife”, leaving satisfied

23 Likes

Have they tried looking on his home planet?

41 Likes

Someone once wrote that there are few real-life people with a more Dickensian name than “Miscavige”.

Maybe his good friend Tom Cruise can help us solve this mystery.

25 Likes

33 Likes

Good riddance (hopefully)

33 Likes

I hope Dave found his hole.

Screenshot_168

16 Likes

Isn’t this just how you get fired in scientology?

13 Likes

reads the article

Oh. He’s not missing. He’s just got lawyers that are somehow very good at knowing when they’re going to try to serve him and he’s dodging those process servers. Everyone seemingly knows where he is, just, he’s not getting served.

20 Likes

He’s decided to “Go Clear”.

23 Likes

Either the plaintiffs’ lawyers have only looked for Miscavige in the most obvious places, or he is hiding in a safe house well away from any known Scientology location, like a mafia boss on the run.

18 Likes

I bet he’s just paying off process servers to say they couldn’t find him.

9 Likes

There are ways around this but it can take some time and all other attempts must be exhausted:

“When authorized by law, substituted service of process on a nonresident or a person who conceals his or her whereabouts by serving a public officer designated by law shall be made by leaving a copy of the process with a fee of $8.75 with the public officer or in his or her office or by mailing the copies by certified mail to the public officer with the fee.”

16 Likes

I’m wondering if he went to Texas, and the Purity Patrol misheard his name a “Miscarriage” and have locked him up for murder.

15 Likes

"Scientology, huh? What is that, some kinda study of scientific methods?‘’

“No it’s a religion.”

“Oh. So a religion based on scientific ideas or discoveries?”

“No. It’s based on science fiction, a story about the murder of aliens with h-bombs and volcanoes.”

“Ohhhhh kayyyyy. . . .”

28 Likes

And (one of my favourite parts) spaceships that look exactly like DC-8s.

23 Likes

Probably spending some time hanging out with Ken Paxton

6 Likes

I can’t tell whether that’s wild imagination, or lack of imagination on Hubbard’s part.

13 Likes

Plus that group has experience with having sources within governmental bodies (the whole IRS thing for example) so it’s likely they’re getting tipped off to where those people are ahead of time.

7 Likes