Scientology responds to guys who posts "Scientology Sucks" video

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/23/scientology-responds-to-guys-w.html

5 Likes

The Church of Scientology has a history of filing SLAPP suits they know are frivolous in order to bankrupt their critics into silence.

28 Likes

Mmmm - Cheezits.

I thought they were gonna play Jenga with those but that guy was gluing them together.

Still - mmmmmm - Cheezits.

6 Likes

Telling the truth is not a crime. Weird, I know…

18 Likes

It is a hate disappointment crime.

10 Likes

Ah yes, I remember that sort of thing. They are so bad at it!

6 Likes

Just like we’d need any more proof that scientology sucks.

8 Likes

So, Scientology is a cult founded to make money. We know this because L. Ron Hubbard bragged about it. But does it matter? If you were to project “Christianity Sucks!” or “Islam Sucks!” on a church or mosque it would probably be considered a hate crime. Many people have strong opinions, based on hate, towards a lot of religions. Does it matter if the religion is “real” or not?

4 Likes

They didn’t mention the lawyer that sent it. That’s usually a good sign of how serious they are. Monique Yingling, super serious! Gary Soter, heh.

2 Likes

How can you tell? :thinking:

It’s a good point though.

2 Likes

I dunno, would it be a hate crime to project “Donald Sucks” on a Trump Tower? Because a lot of his supporters treat him like a religious icon.

1 Like

My understanding is that in the 'States, official religions don’t pay tax.

Surely Trump… Oh. Never mind.

11 Likes

What was that screamy sound in the background while the one guy was reading the letter? It sounded like an A-10 taxiing out for takeoff. Or warbird of your choice.

1 Like

By which you mean, does it matter if the religion is “real” or not in the minds of the pranksters? What if some Christians projected “SUCKS” onto the facade of a Flying Spaghetti Monster hall?

Another question would be: Does it matter if the hate is “real” or not? These guys don’t “hate” Scientology, nor are they in a position to impose their hate and inspire fear, in any way like neo-Nazis/KKK do, now and historically, towards Jews or African-Americans.

The Scientologists, as they are composed of lawyers, do bring up an interesting point, though. And I think the only answer is: litigators sort it out in the Supreme Court 5 years from now.

3 Likes

I think that would be viewed as a moral victory by the Pastafarians.

2 Likes

Legitimate question.

Watch out for them I’m in Clearwater Florida your dealing with a real body snatchers transplant selling luminatie CULT don’t back down from the judge use basics logically explain it spend nothing the judge know they suck . Tell him to stop with his body transplant machine you don’t like it

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.