These guys projected "Sucks" on LA's Scientology headquarters

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/09/these-guys-projected-sucks.html

8 Likes

These are what sane people look like

16 Likes

They still get suckers to sign up for that crap?

14 Likes

Yup. If only I were an unscrupulous grifting jackass, I could be a billionaire in America right now, so many rubes, rubes as far as the eye can see…

I’ll never be president either, I’m too decent a human being apparently.

18 Likes

Mark, since you brought up Wreckless Eric, may I commend to all and sundry this great track; Reconnez Cherie:

On a convenient seat by the lavatories
In the sodium glare
We used to wait for the bus in a passionate clutch
And go as far as we dared
Do you remember
When I passed my driving test
Took you to the pictures
Forget the rest
Do you remember
All those nights in my Zodiac
Playing with your dress
Underneath your Pac-a-Mac

Reconnez Cherie
Quand nous avons vive en ecstasy

And then a voice from afar in the back of my car
Whispered “Gay Paris”
And looking ever so French the bohemian dream
You said “bonjour mon ami”
Do you remember
When I moved into my studio flat
Hot sticky nights
In the summertime in bedsitland
Do you remember
When you sold your paintings in the gallery
And they said 'mais oui ce soir,
‘C’est la vie c’est le tricolor’

3 Likes

I think suckers are their target demographic.

8 Likes

I’ve watched some of Reckless Ben’s series and though he and his coconspirator are annoyingly bro-ey, they did get some great footage and there’s a kind of sweet schadenfreude that arises from seeing bros take down an org that paints itself as so psychologically sophisticated and powerful. It’s kinda like Bill and Ted’s Excellent Undercover Adventure, or Dude, Where’s My E-Meter?

4 Likes

I’ve thought about this exact thing before, in the context of another “organisation” that likes to put its name on buildings in giant overcompensating gold letters. It made me wonder if the Secret Service routinely checks for laser projectors within a half-mile or so of those buildings.

10 Likes

Xenu Rules! (literally)

4 Likes

Well each of those places is a Dump, after all!

10 Likes

Have you considered the many benefits of tertiary syphilis towards your goal?

4 Likes

Someone has projected messages at least once onto the exterior Trump’s hotel in the Old Post Office Building in DC.

3 Likes

Sergeant seems a bit like a water carrier for Zenu

1 Like

Funny I guess. Cool maybe? But if your main thing is you are against something else, seems a hollow coolness. Also, there is nothing (and sorry if this offends anyone) more uniquely false about Scientology that other religions…(and yes, even brain washing).

Cop says: “We’ll seize your equipment and you’ll lose your footage.”

So, you’ll what, destroy the evidence of the “crime” you’re arresting (citing) them for?

2 Likes

I like it, but it does seem that if this is legal then there’s nothing stopping some jerk from pointing a bunch of flood lights at your windows as long as they’re standing on public property.

2 Likes

Maybe not more false, but more underhanded… and criminally so.

citing:

6 Likes

More underhanded than Cardinal Richelieu?

1 Like

Unfortunately… yes.

1 Like

Xena Rules
FTFY

2 Likes