Scientology tells Jezebel to remove story about leader's disappeared wife

it certainly can be awful, and many people to do entrap themselves, but that is the best case here, not the worst. at least that would be voluntary and she’d have to be still alive to do so.

worse people ensnare and trap a lot of other people in their ideology and use it to have power over others. they prey a lot of well meaning people whom get sucked up into their religious ideology. while ideological/religious beliefs may not be real, the impact to people who get caught up in them and their families certainly is real.

1 Like

In addition to the fact that there are most likely doctors and FNP (or whatever) in Scientology, they believe that any illness they get was caused by themselves. If she needed a doctor for anything serious she probably didn’t get it. In that case I’d say she’s probably gone. Several of the books describe the health of some who are in the sea org and it is sad what some go through without health care so I’d say it’s likely she is just secreted away and under guard and stuck until she dies.

2 Likes

I agree, and I’d say there is zero chance she chose to go away for privacy reasons. Shelly disappeared right after she changed the org board when COB was away. When he got back, he was angry she redid the job organization for him and she went poof. Multiple people have reported that she was afraid and crying that last day. This was a punishment.

In LA they have cops that are closely associated with scientology. That they took the world of COB that she’s fine is disturbing. It appears they didn’t see her but rather took Scientology’s word that she is fine. That is disturbing. This was addressed in both Remini’s book as well as Marc Headley’s. You would think the police would actually do their job, it’s so crazy given how suspicious it is.

3 Likes

I think that’s rather reductive, especially given the variety and complexities of religions and cults in the world.

Well of course. This is a comment board.

Look around. Plenty of people manage to ere on the side of complexity, not reducitivity. It’s a place for writing words, and nothing is better for complexity than words.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.