Scott Adams endorses Trump, becomes respected pundit

Boy howdy,

Team Clinton has succeeded in perpetuating one of the greatest evils I have seen in my lifetime. Her side has branded Trump supporters (40%+ of voters) as Nazis, sexists, homophobes, racists, and a few other fighting words. Their argument is built on confirmation bias and persuasion. But facts don’t matter because facts never matter in politics. What matters is that Clinton’s framing of Trump provides moral cover for any bullying behavior online or in person. No one can be a bad person for opposing Hitler, right?

But I do have a bad reaction to bullies. And I’ve reached my limit.

I hope you have too. Therefore…

I endorse Donald Trump for President of the United States because I oppose bullying in all its forms.

Emphasis in original.

He then proceeds to blame Clinton supporters for his one-star reviews on Amazon.

ETA: A cursory investigation of his one-star reviews using Ctrl+F reveals precisely one that mentions his views on Trump as the proximal cause of disapproval of the book. The rest of the three pages of one-star reviews only mention his views on Trump once more, in passing.

28 Likes

The cognitive dissonance! It hurts!

62 Likes

28 Likes

Or maybe he just might be a dickweed.

35 Likes

There’s the golfist or the guy in Parks and Recreation. But this doesn’t sound like anything they’d say.

7 Likes

If there was any doubt, he proved he was a dickweed by calling attention to the one-star reviews of his 4.6-star averaging book. “Hey everyone! Look at how much people think I suck!”

15 Likes

It doesn’t help that the strip has been in tired land for years. I do notice the occasional funny one but then I used to work in a cube farm so it does hit home for me sometimes. I can’t get myself to go out of my way to read it these days though.

20 Likes

And, for the record, I’d read this guy’s book. Twice!

16 Likes

What is this world coming to when a Presidential candidate can’t build a political coalition comprised of Nazis, sexists, homophobes and racists without being branded as the kind of candidate who attracts Nazis, sexists, homophobes and racists?

48 Likes

A quick googling gives me quite the headache.

23 Likes

/s

13 Likes

It’s funny watching people who support Trump destroying their brands as effectively as the man himself.

34 Likes

It would break my heart if Stephan Pastis, Kim Deitch, Drew Friedman, Charles Schulz or Bill Watterson endorsed an unsuitable candidate.

20 Likes

Adams says he’s afraid a Clinton administration will have him assassinated. Good news for Adams, though. You have to be important to be assassinated.

38 Likes

Side tangent;

Party Down was so underrated.

8 Likes

Never gonna happen. Have you seen his early political cartoons? (I tried to find you a good link, but my Google-fu isn’t working.)

5 Likes

Just this one.

13 Likes

That ending was so well earned.

1 Like

To the series?

Yeah. I assume you saw it. If not, go do it right now.

“Partying with the Gute!”