Scott Adams endorses Trump, becomes respected pundit

Yep. He did not have an engineering background, despite Dilbert being an engineer. He was not in the cubes with us grunts.

8 Likes

Yeah yeah yeah, the CIA and the military never did anything secretly and thatā€™s why we donā€™t have any secrets and itā€™s not a crime to reveal them. Ha ha stoopid conspiratards is only tangentially on topic here.

4 Likes

Wow. I have no words for how dumb that is.

18 Likes

Well, it cured Americaā€™s drug problem, why not terrorism?

14 Likes

Go onā€¦

3 Likes

They have a point. If you see a giant talking dog in a trenchcoat, youā€™ve taken too many of the wrong kinds of drugs :wink:

13 Likes

Or just enough of the RIGHT kind!

10 Likes

When your drugs tell you to not do drugs, thatā€™s gotta mean something.

12 Likes

Waitā€¦ he has a bad reaction to bullies, so heā€™s endorsing the biggest bully ever to get into the public spotlight?

14 Likes

It seems to me that a lot of people that were bullied donā€™t want to dismantle the social systems that allowed them to be bulliedā€¦ they just want to rearrange them so theyā€™re at the ā€œtopā€ and doing the bullying instead of being on the ā€œbottomā€ and receiving itā€¦

30 Likes

See uh GiraffeGate and all the ā€œfake geek girlsā€ ranting shithead in comic book, videogame, sci fi, and every other fandom where stunted males may dwell under bridges and feel angry that women enjoy.

Even though women were involved in all these fandoms and cons and costuming in the 70s as wellā€¦

12 Likes

I canā€™t blame solely ā€œstunted malesā€ - both genders do this: see Mean Girls who grow up to be in charge of the PTA, or the people elected to condo boards, or reallyā€¦ everyone. :slight_smile: We all grew up in some sort of social hierarchy, it takes an effort to see it, and more effort to step out of it. Probably in a lot of ways its easier to stay in it.

15 Likes

But they donā€™t as commonly bully the ā€œother sexā€ in the entire field of interest.

1 Like

I didnā€™t know we were discussing genderā€¦ I thought we were discussing bullies?

7 Likes

Nerd/fandom bullies ā€œbecause they were bulliedā€ are always a fertile source of discussion.

2 Likes

And the man has actually come out and apologized to people when he was wrong on a particular topic. He once Bullshitted! climate change theory, but then later came around to the overwhelming scientific evidence. Intelligently changing oneā€™s mind in public is such an amazingly rare occurrence, and when I see it, I find the person instantly likable.

24 Likes

Iā€™m voting for the racist, misogynistic candidate because his opponents call him sexist and misogynistic, and I think thatā€™s unfair bullying, because I was once passed over for a promotion that went to an obviously less qualified woman instead, a butthurt Iā€™ve based so much of my recent career on.

OH LADIES, PLEASE FIND ME RELEVANT!!! I JUST WANT TO TRY WITH THE SEX!!!

19 Likes

This kind of behavior illustrates how the ā€œskepticā€ community are basically Randroids. Theyā€™re right-wing libertarian atheists who think theyā€™re smarter than everybody else.

When Michael Shermer publicly changed his position on global warming, he didnā€™t write about any scientific evidence. He wrote about how he met evangelical Christians who believed in global warming. That is, he perceived that his side was losing political support.

10 Likes

I enjoy Scott Adamsā€™ comic, the late lamented Dilbert TV show & occasionally his blog. And heā€™s always been nice to me.

That said, I donā€™t require political purity in humorists.

2 Likes

Neither do I. But then again, stuff like this is complete and contemptible BS on his part:

Basically, Iā€™m the same as a child and Iā€™m ā€œmentally handicapā€ to boot. I donā€™t see why I should sit here quietly when people make such assertions. Itā€™s not only obviously wrong, itā€™s hurtful, too. I see no reason to put up with MRA nonsense out of anyone, much less humorists. Being asked to be treated with equal respect is not something that should get me called names.

34 Likes