Scottish town turns kids' art turned into Christmas street lights

Originally published at: Scottish town turns kids' art turned into Christmas street lights | Boing Boing

13 Likes

Neat!

6 Likes

Do these people WANT to open a gateway to the Hell Dimensions; 'cause, I’m pretty sure that’s how you do it! :scream::cold_face::ghost:

2 Likes

Brilliant! I’m reminded of various holiday illustrations and decorations done in a deliberately naif style as if a child had done them, and they’re never as interesting (weird) as the real thing.

8 Likes

The link to Blachere Illumination doesn’t work.

1 Like

That one sheep looks like it was stolen from the Wallace & Gromit set.

7 Likes

PREVIOUSLY ON BOING BOING

8 Likes

bright even :wink:

the tradition started because the adults are terrible at making street lights. the children felt bad, drew what had been made, and then the town declared this was the plan all along.

unfortunately, and for reasons yet unknown, people born in newburgh start out with great artistic talents, but as they age lose their skills entirely. something in the water probably.

5 Likes

When I worked for the print dept of Staples (corporate), we could send pics our kids drew and the label printers would send us Christmas gift tags with their art on it. I still have pages of them I use.

Only bad thing is, they used a gloss and you need a sharpie to write on the - or I sometimes use a Micron pen and tape to protect it.

2 Likes

And I’m pretty sure the angel with their eyes covered in the back of the creche was lifted from the Dr. Who prop department.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.