Screaming Pepe

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/29/screaming-pepe.html

1 Like

And why the banana on the left?

The more I read about Pepe the Frog the less I understand the whole thing. I guess I’m just too much of a normie (never thought I’d say that…)

3 Likes

I believe this is the proper time for a REEEEEEEEEEEE

Though I might be on the wrong board

1 Like

Some people just want to watch the world burn, or, failing that, mess up some shit and congratulate themselves for being brilliant contrarians, instead of obnoxious assholes.

5 Likes

Anyone who wants to watch the world burn should start with themselves.

There’s a part of me who tries to find good in all people, but sometimes there is nothing to find.

That’s certainly a high quality Pepe, however, now that it’s been posted here, it can never be rare.

6 Likes

Is anybody talking about reclaiming Pepe as his original innocuous self? I mean, we’ve got people trying to reclaim the swastika, fer corn sakes, which seems like a much harder row to hoe than a cartoon frog.

1 Like

As Furie makes redundantly clear, Pepe’s recent political activity doesn’t represent him or his beliefs: He’s not a white supremacist, and what’s more, he’s “voting for Hillary for sure. I was a big fan of Bernie, but that fizzled out, so I’m all Hillary 2016.” So he’s amused—if understandably aghast—that, for example, someone recently shouted “Pepe!” at a Clinton rally while she was in the middle of condemning Trump’s appeal among racists and xenophobes.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.