Sculptures of wolves mauling tourist appear in New York City parks

Make that an International Treasure. I just laughed like a drain at the terrible events of October 29th, 1929. Impaled on tusks :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Edit: “The only known giant octopus attack in the tri-state area.” set off my laughing gear too.

6 Likes

It seems like it needs to be not only a history, as @gracchus notes, but one of those deep level histories based on some heavy theory. Sort of like the mockumentary Houston We Have a Problem… A fake or alt history of NYC, but told dead seriously!

It will only work if Zizek writes it, though. It needs to have a good dose of Lacanian theory or some such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston,We_Have_a_Problem!(film)

Keep up the good work! We need more of this kind of thing!

10 Likes

Just think of it as an action shot, with the camera just before it falls. The maul goeth before the fall.

3 Likes

Bookmarked for future reference. I lived in NYC for years, and fell in love with the city and its history, but you take it to a new level. Really top-notch work, sir.

5 Likes

There is a strap around his neck connected
To the camera

4 Likes

How do you know that’s a tourist, exactly? Looks more a like a banker to me. Or a Trump supporter, or …

I do! :slight_smile: . That was the first thing I thought of when I read this article. Meanwhile, I want to know where I can get a STL file of this sculpture so I can print one at home.

1 Like

I love these projects and their almost-believable backstories SO MUCH. Especially the octopus one.

2 Likes

This might actually attract tourists. Everybody loves doggos!

The Good Bowery Bois.

1 Like

90% of the production budget went to the food truck.

3 Likes

Subversive, mischievous, provocative, funny. Art quadrafecta.

I love that someone actually made a sculpture of wolves attacking and about to eat somebody. Metal AF, I approve

2 Likes

"At what point on the graph do “must” and “cannot” meet?"
-Ro Man
A brilliant line from a truly crappy (but watchable) movie.

1 Like

Thank you !

1 Like

Thanks for the compliment but 3D printing is not sculpture

3 Likes

An interview with Joseph Reginella in 2016:

2 Likes

That would be complete nonsense. How one fabricates an object has nothing to do with it. Would you reject lost-wax casting too?

1 Like

There are actualy three living Koch brothers, Fred, Charles and William. Charles, and David while alive, just got all of the attention because of their overt politics and because they were the only ones still directly involved in Koch Industries after the big family legal fight.

In reality, though, this almost never happens.

He’s got a camera

3d printing is pushing a button
Reject lost wax?
A real art form and skill
I have done jobs via 3D print
It’s unfulfilling

1 Like