Sean Hannity says it's no big deal for kids to be hit with a belt: "When did we become the land of the snowflake?" (video)

Originally published at: Sean Hannity says it's no big deal for kids to be hit with a belt: "When did we become the land of the snowflake?" (video) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

If he would complain about being hit with a belt now, then it was never OK.

24 Likes

As always, the cruelty is the point with conservatives.

23 Likes

He became MAGA stuff… this is enough psychological damage…

11 Likes

Great, so child abusers will now be in court citing his advice as a reason it was ok to assault children.

8 Likes

I’d like to hear from Sean’s kids about his opinions on that topic

15 Likes

So Hannity, your daddy didn’t hit you hard enough to make you cry out in pain?

I guess he must’ve known that deep down, you’re a snowflake.

15 Likes

Sean Hannity is a poor baby who won’t take his waterboarding.

Fox News host Sean Hannity is so adamant that waterboarding is not torture that he once offered to be waterboarded at a charity event and donate the proceeds to soldiers’ families. Four years later, a yet-to-be-waterboarded Hannity did not take kindly to being called out about it on his own radio show.

18 Likes

If that led to criminal charges or civil lawsuits claiming he’s an accessory to that abuse, I’d want to allow that defense to be raised. It wouldn’t work, but I’d let them argue it.

7 Likes

Hostin started off that anecdote by repeating a quote from John Boehner, who called Jordan a political terrorist. Hostin wasn’t talking about Jordan raising his voice a little. She literally meant he screamed at her. And she’s not the only one to report something like that.

13 Likes

He and Tuberville are examples of why being a coach is not credentials for higher office. Toxic power hungry idiots.

12 Likes

Beating the young Hannity didn’t stop him being an obnoxious whiny asshole - clearly it doesn’t work.

10 Likes

Troubled kid. . . troubled adult.

8 Likes

[sarcasm]
We need this… And we need this being recorded and published!
[/sarcasm]

motivational just do it GIF

5 Likes

Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery torture, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally. [Insert Lincoln image]

10 Likes

I was occasionally hit with a belt. Spanked more often than not. But I guess parents worked with what they had. Moreover, I know kids who got spanked a lot and were still little shits constantly. Some of them grew up to be giant fuckups, and some of them cool people. I think structure is more important than the actual discipline method, and even then, peoples innate personality seems to be a bigger factor on how well it works.

I never have had the need/want to hit my kid. Although, to be fair, I have The Most Well Behaved Child Known To Man. Though part of that is probably not wanting to make her mom upset, which might be a whole 'nother kettle of fish. :confused:

YMMV

4 Likes

(source)

12 Likes

Hannity… you have argued that children are too sensitive to learn about the slave trade and the civil rights movement, that they are too fragile to hear about another kid who has two dads, and that children are irreparably damaged should they talk to a kid whose gender isn’t obvious from the first word.

But the thought that children might be too traumatized by sado-sexual torture via corporal punishment. Oh no that’s the one you are ok with. Nice look buddy.

25 Likes

They decided that movies should have violence, not sex. Books should have violence, not sex. Homes should have violence, not sex. Schools should have gun violence, not sex education.

13 Likes

And this isn’t the first time Hannity has defended the abuse he endured as a child, in 2014 going so far as to say he deserved it —and thus tacitly approving corporal punishment for children.

beauty and the beast disney GIF by Channel Frederator

7 Likes