Sean Lennon's music video “Animals” (NSFW)

[Permalink]

"We shot it on 35 millimeter". Well, that was a mistake. It should have been shot in 16mm for proper verisimilitude.

I'm thankful for the flying saucers.

Maybe after a few years in Hamburg...

looks like it's pretty nice being Sean Lennon.

Well, other than the whole dad thing.

sadly, everyone's dad dies some day.

Somewhat surprised they didn't go with Red or some other digital format.

Heh, yeah, shoot it at 4k 48fps then process the hell out of it to make it look 16mm 24fps.

Somewhere out there, someone's already done it, I'm sure.

Not sure my son would agree. The sadly part I mean.

They opened for the Lips and Tame Impala earlier this year at Terminal 5 in NYC…excellent show, and a bonus appearance by Yoko, who was carefully guided through the Lips' stage props by Wayne and Sean.

Be as snarky as you wanna be, I like it.

Oh look—there's John Perry Barlow!
In his element.

Ooo, it's zoomed right up to number two on my chart of top neo-cult-o-phile video hits, above James Franco's love letter to Kenneth Anger, and just below Cults' Go Outside.

Loved this!

Say a prayer for the internet billionaire! Messages from Jesus in the grease of the grill cheese!

Brilliant. Hilarious. Right on time.

I like the song. I guess if anyone should be allowed to channel his dad, it is probably him. Weird fun, it's probably best I'm not so much into the acid anymore.

The naked seemed a bit egregious, not that I'm complaining.

Absolutely loved every second of the vid!

Esoteric cults, crystals, psychedelia, animal masks, nudity, pyramids, flying saucers...

L-O-V-E-D IT!

Anyone out there who has listened to more: Is this song fairly representative of GOASTT, or an aberrant gem? I liked it, but I'm a little nervous about exposing myself to more for fear of retroactively disliking it (or finding out that it was really the video I liked, not so much the song).

I must be the only one who thinks this is crap. It's a terrible, unoriginal and humorless rehashing of his father's "brand." A visual brand and language that was dead and gone long before John was. And while the above commenters seem a-ok with the female nudity in this video, I'm curious as to what percentage of you would frown upon Robin Thicke's shenanigans. Just awful.

Obviously no one can tell anyone what they like, but I do strongly disagree with "humorless."

As for Robin Thicke, I think it was more the content of the song (and possibly his character) than the breasts in the video that created the problem. I don't think frequenters of these boards are strongly representative of the portion of the population who discount any creation that features nudity.