Sean Spicer defends handcuffing a 5-year-old American boy for hours at an airport immigration checkpoint

I’ve learned that there are few things more dangerous than rich white males.

29 Likes

Sure. Just look at that 70 year old man baby asshole he works for.

14 Likes

This has always been the case in humanity up to now.

P.S. JK, the world has always been brown because of geography and access to resources and latitude and the Sun, our star…but, some folks elevated themselves to think their lessening melanin meant something more than relative proximity to the Sun. It doesn’t. We’re human first, culture second, economy third, and religion fourth. While religion and race are social constructs, economies aren’t and humanity isn’t. Grow up. Help the species, or you’ll be eaten by it…

P.P.S. Poem 2: Electric Boogaloo.

4 Likes

How did we get to a point where “it is not cool to handcuff a 5-year-old citizen for hours for no goddamn reason” is suddenly a partisan issue??

45 Likes

I know, right? We need a cyber-hug.

5 Likes

Made ya look.

Twice.

9 Likes

You have to respond to these bullies in language they understand: Sean Spicer is scared of a 5-year-old. Sad! [I think that’s under 140 characters]

24 Likes

So just because he’s a… boy… doesn’t mean he’s not… dangerous?

This might be the first time I’ve encountered this idea.

5 Likes

Do you know what’s dangerous?

The complete degradation of human rights because of fear of “terrorism”.

Look up the word before 2001.

It’s “everywhere” and you can never defeat it. Constant war.

17 Likes

Yes, of course I agree that that’s dangerous.

I think this administration is obscene. I think detaining innocent people because they had the temerity to be born to the wrong parents is obscene.

I was only commenting on the strange wording: “To assume that just because of someone’s age and gender that they don’t pose a threat would be misguided and wrong.”

We don’t typically say about boys or men, “Sure, they’re male. But they could be dangerous anyway!”

6 Likes

Boys are always dangerous. This is military codification.

Perhaps you should check your epistemology.

3 Likes

This is a kindergarten kid, and he could pose a threat?

When the Jews were imprisoned, the Japanese interned, when Indians were massacred, they included the kids too. Could pose a threat, you know.

14 Likes

The War on Terror has always been a War on Human Dignity.

12 Likes

No one thinks I’m saying detaining this kid makes any sense, do they?

5 Likes

I wonder how Sean Spicer’s morale is doing right now, as he contemplates the next 1,449 mornings of waking up and going to work and saying these lovely things in front of literally everyone in the world

17 Likes

I think he feels bad.

An aside:

He’s an angry short guy in a too-big suit. Get him a smaller suit and a footrest?

Lose the shoulder pads.

P.S. A poem for 1/31/17

4 Likes

The last press secretary to have endured a full term worked for the Carter administration. (It’s probably an easier job when your boss isn’t 100% full of shit all the time.)

7 Likes

Kids are human as long as they’re on the right side of the womb…the minute that little brown face dares show up, watch out.

What kind of soulless subhuman son of a bitch could ever look themselves in the face after doing something like that to a little guy. My five year old Nieto is totally capable of cause terminal smiles when he laughs or makes a face. Beyond that he’s fierce on cookies

18 Likes

“Wimp” John Brady was only shot once. Not even fatally and he ducks out of a press briefing? SAD!

I know you’re kidding, but James Brady’s injury was fatal (and ruled a homicide,) it just took 33 years.

9 Likes