A young caged teen in a Texas immigration camp is teaching other kids to change caged toddlers' diapers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/18/unlimited-racist-cruelty.html

3 Likes

Of those surveyed, 27 percent of the overall respondents agreed with it

As discussed before, this 27% number comes up again and again to quantify the Know-Nothing portion of the electorate that, in various guises, has voted for any candidate promising cruelty and disenfranchisement for brown and black people since 1980. Perhaps now that their spite and hatefulness supports putting toddlers in cages the Dems can stop thinking their votes are worth courting.

31 Likes

@doctorow What’s up with the Venezuelan flag/Dumbo mashup thumbnail?

2 Likes

Taking down all the names of the persons that have contributed to this disgusting #trumpcamps situation to make sure they all get prosecuted later.

44 Likes

It’s not often you find people in real life who act like comic book supervillains, but the racist xenophobic assholes infesting the Trump administration come awfully close.

18 Likes

I don’t know if this has come up before in BBS, but can anyone tell me what the endgame is supposed to be for these separated kids? Are they re-united with their parents when they’re rejected by the immigration process (I take it for granted their parents are going to fail)? Are they sold to orphanages? Drained of blood to rejuvenate America’s billionaires? Does anyone even know what they’re supposed to do with them eventually?

14 Likes

I’d like to suggest yet another tag for this kind of news

“yay America”

because Trump is exactly the spiteful, belligerent, obnoxious a-hole as advertised, demonstrated and promised in months before the elections, there are ZERO surprises here, everyone knew what was coming

It’s everyone else who voted for (or skipped voting) for him. It’s your neighbors and relatives that WANTED this. You need to call them out on this for 2020 and not let them just shrug and vote for him again. Because that’s exactly what they are planning to do.

when they start with the “what-about-ism” remind them it’s Trump who is currently in charge of all this and makes it happen on a daily basis, not anyone else and it’s them who put him in that power

15 Likes

It sounds like they are sending their best.

Needs must when the devil cheeto drives.

7 Likes

I’m sure that accounts for a great many of them.

3 Likes

That may be fine and dandy for 17yos (it isn’t), but what if they’re at the diaper stage? Are they supposed to spend 17 years in a concentration camp before they can be moved to a prison?

7 Likes

Now you’re getting the idea. Don’t worry, their small hands won’t be idle during that time, as they’ll be “earning their keep” doing unpaid labour for crony corporations 7 days a week (except for the 1.5 hrs/weekday of school mandated by bleeding-heart liberals). By the time they enter the carceral state as legal adults they’ll be well-equipped to continue contributing to the bottom lines of the private prison industry doing the manual and stoop labour that used to be done by undocumented workers instead of Real Americans™.

16 Likes

Well, if you’re asking me, they aren’t supposed to be in a concentration camp under any circumstances.

9 Likes

6 Likes

Oh, the camps are just temporary until the administration works out the details of the final solution.

excuse me, I am going to be sick for a while.

16 Likes

Is Trump worse? Yes.

But this is not an issue on which anyone should imagine that Hillary Clinton was good. And, if we did have a Clinton Presidency, it is very likely that this issue would be as ignored as it was during the Obama administration.

13 Likes

No one does family values quite like the Republicans.

7 Likes

I find most comic book supervillains to have more standards than the scumbags currently in charge in the USA.

6 Likes

But her emails…

2 Likes

:man_shrugging:

Fighting over HRC is pointless, so I usually avoid it as much as possible. But if you’re gonna bring her up, then I’m going to present the evidence that the abuse of immigrants is a thoroughly bipartisan sin.

This is an issue, like many others, on which both parties are intolerable.

6 Likes

Speaking of which:

3 Likes