Sean Spicer literally thinks "A Christmas Carol" is a book of Christmas carols

He then edited his post to say “Dicken’s Christmas Carol”.

Charles Dicken would be very impressed with Spicer’s use of the apostrophe there.

11 Likes

Did NO ONE check if @seanMspicer was a parody (and dead) account, distinct from that of the actual talking sphinctre in question, @seanspicer?

6 Likes

I was just wondering who follows the actual Sean Spicer

1 Like

I don’t think Dicken’s :wink: friend Carol is happy with the lack of an S, either.

I think you need to read the post again. How is this simply a typo?
Would anyone ever write - Bill Clinton’s book of A Tale of Two Cities?
Or - Barack Obama’s book of Oliver Twist.
NO, not unless the were very odd, stupid or high.
Now you might find people writing - Donald Trump’s book of favourite wigs, but that would be because there were many wigs contained within the book, not that it was the book’s title.

4 Likes

What’s good for the goosestepper…

1 Like

this message has been deleted for the repeated use of the severely prohibited words; cunt areshole knobshite fuckwitt wankstain dickwad
here at boingboing we take a very dim view on those trying to insult cuntyarseholeknobshityfuckwittingwankstainingdickwadding republicans

1 Like

you forgot kneebiter, archie

1 Like

But wouldn’t it be much mor pleasant if it where?

Perhaps Spicer needs to mull this over in a warm tank of cider.

1 Like

Melissa McCarthy?

5 Likes

Do you suppose he even knows who “FDR” is? I mean he was a SJW snowflake, right?

4 Likes

I hear that Sean Spicer refuses to take his family to see “The Nutcracker” because he assumes it’s some kind of S&M thing.

3 Likes

His revised tweet

FDRs book of Dicken’s Christmas Carol

would still be grammatically suspect even if he got the author’s name right.

FDR’s copy of Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol”

Would make sense, but that’s too far from his original wording for him to pretend the first tweet was just the result of a minor omission or typo.

2 Likes

THANK YOU. That was the first thing I noticed. It’s like Twitter has their silly “Verified” icon for a reason.

1 Like

You think Spicer believing A Christmas Carol contains songs shows he’s a moron? Oh boy, let me tell you about this guy he says is presidential…

3 Likes

What really pisses me off, is when you type a real world, and it corrects it. Then you go back and retype it, and it corrects it again.

Mother. Fucker.

1 Like

Pics of ship!

I can charitably imagine that he might have been aiming for “FDRs book A Christmas Carol”, which still looks funny, but is not particularly objectionable. (Considering the name of Dickens is right there on the cover, no one would read that caption and assume that he thought FDR wrote A Christmas Carol.)

I’m assuming it’s displayed at the White House or at FDR’s Presidential library*, maybe only during the holiday season. Since FDR is in a line of progressive reformers that goes back to Dickens I find it appropriate.

[* less likely, since Rugged Individualists like Spicer avoid shrines to Commies]