Sean Spicer literally thinks "A Christmas Carol" is a book of Christmas carols

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/12/14/boil-in-his-own-pud.html

3 Likes

Favorite Republican carol:

“At this festive season of the year, Mr Scrooge, … it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the Poor and destitute, who suffer greatly at the present time. Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir.”
“Are there no prisons?”
“Plenty of prisons…”
“And the Union workhouses.” demanded Scrooge. “Are they still in operation?”
“Both very busy, sir…”
“Those who are badly off must go there.”
“Many can’t go there; and many would rather die.”
“If they would rather die,” said Scrooge, “they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population.”

28 Likes

“This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased.”

30 Likes

So. Sean Spicer is an idiot. Who knew?

20 Likes

To be fair, I have had autocorrect fuck me in similar ways.

4 Likes

But as idiots go he was so much more entertaining than Huckabee-Sanders. She may lie constantly but she almost never gives us these comedic gifts.

13 Likes

It’s just one carol, right?

11 Likes

I can’t see how that could be the case here. What could the original statement have been for autocorrect to change it in this way? Also. wasn’t “communicating with the public” literally his whole job?

10 Likes

You haven’t had to decipher some of my fucked up facebook PMs. I have enough trouble typing on my phone with out AC’s help.

To be fair, Easter is Spicer’s holiday of choice, being a former White House Easter Bunny and all.

11 Likes

He was no Mooch.

source

7 Likes

Sean Spicer doesn’t have hang-ups about the whole singular/plural thing. That’s all so rigid anyway, man.

3 Likes

Pfftt . . . there’s not one single person in that story named “Carol.” What a ripoff!

13 Likes

He also thinks there were multiple FDRs, that luuuser

or, maybe Cory is so blinded by his dislike of Spicey that Cory failed to consider that this was taken on Spicey’s phone and thus Cory is sneering at what is very likely an ordinary typo

1 Like

Those ghosts are paid by Soros! FakeBoos!

8 Likes

Why is he still around? If nothing else, I would have thought that with the termination of his prominent role, he would be eager to escape the madhouse.

1 Like

Plus whatever a “Charles Dicken” is, as there are several of those in there too.

7 Likes

Yes, well, autocorrect is a mother ducking ditch.

10 Likes

Trying to figure out what’s actually going on in the photo. FDR had a fancy edition of “A Christmas Carol,” and now it’s displayed under glass because reasons? Or something?

As for Spicer, I really can’t see how this could be a problem with autocorrect. Even if thumb typing caused him to drop both the “A” and the final “s” of the title, saying “FDRs book of A Christmas Carol” isn’t a very natural sentence - one would rather say, “FDR’s copy of A Christmas Carol” if one actually had any fucking idea about what the book in question actually was.

9 Likes

I imagine the republican version of a Christmas Carol only has the “Ghost of Christmas Present” section and it’s all “yer doin a heck of a job Scroogey”

6 Likes