Seattle nazi one-punch knocked out, reportedly removed armband when he awoke

Well sure, but that’s only your interpretation of what someone wearing a swastika is trying to convey. /s

13 Likes

Aw Melz2! You get the auto-invite to all my parties. (Was actually down in Oakland for much of last month, and debated trying to call a BB meet-up, but I’ve (a) never been to an actual BB meet-up, and (b) am still evaluating what I think feel about virtual/IRL cross-overs… you know: the ephemerality of forum sparkles and all that :wink: )

9 Likes

10 Likes

And what’s the benefit of violating that “simplistic” rule? Is it really worth giving a Nazi a bloody nose every few months?

I’m not saying punching the Nazi is a terrible thing, as slippery slopes go you’re still pretty damn near the top. But there’s a lot of people who love the idea of being the hero who beats up the bad guy, and once you start normalizing that you realize there’s a lot of bad guys around.

3 Likes

Dance magic dance.

8 Likes

What is this, some kind of trick question?

23 Likes

I have a dream that one day our children will live in a nation where the running count of Nazi concussions far exceeds the number of NFL player concussions.

17 Likes

The benefit is that it’ll communicate to all the proto-nazis witnessing it that being a nazi isn’t acceptable and should be at least hidden (and hence influencing fewer people).
On the other hand the danger of your simplistic solution is that the nazis start taking over the national dialogue while making sure to shut up those who oppose them. They aren’t looking for a dialogue or to convince anybody. They are seeking death.

26 Likes

As simplistic as the idea you can draw a neat box around Nazis, establish that it’s OK to punch them under a very specific set of circumstances, and no one will ever make that box bigger or use your reasoning as part of a justification to punch people on your side?

2 Likes

It’s true that we live in a world where the absolutes are very difficult to get by on.

12 Likes

Dude was wearing an armband, bro. I think he boxed himself.

36 Likes

Nazis drew the box around themselves when they decided that certain groups of other people don’t deserve to live, way back in the 1930’s.

Jinx.

22 Likes

Yes. We fought a whole damn war over this. There really isn’t any reason to re-litigate it, is there?

33 Likes

idk, I watched the gif a few times and I am pretty sure the tall guy in front of him boxed him.

9 Likes

That’s been claimed here? Man, i really have to work on my reading comprehension. /s

14 Likes

Wow, I really missed the party today.

16 Likes

one…PUUUUUNCH!

Saitama would punch nazis.

12 Likes

A specific set of circumstances? Fuck that. It’s always OK to punch nazis.

14 Likes

It feels like we’re going in circles here.

Frankly, I can’t think of a better embodiment of your scenario than White Supremacism. Not only does it put people in nasty little boxes, it uses those boxes as a justification for disenfranchisement, domination and violence.

16 Likes

25 Likes