See bold thieves snatch $27,000 in products from a bustling Apple Store in 30 seconds

probably parallels the rise of gun culture

2 Likes

A friend of mine scored some laptops during a riot. Risky move, but it worked for them.

2 Likes

If some one cold-bloodedly pointed a gun in my head and said “hand over your jewelry, or I shoot”, I would do as demanded.

But if one of these hoodie-wearing cowards grabbed my bag, or something belonging to one of my kids, or to anyone else in my vicinity, I hate to think I would just stand there, and god damn right I would be ashamed of myself if I did. They don’t look like the sort that present much threat to life.

Apple is insured against heroes as well as villains.

that sounds nice, for YOU.

I don’t see someone else taking my stuff and someone else assigning me correct actions as all that different, maybe one is way more openly aggressive and the other mind bogglingly passive aggressive, but aside from that, thanks bub, you can keep your hand out of my pocket, too.

Do as you like, Boris. You’re fortunate that Moose and Squirrel aren’t larcenous by nature.

This would have never happened if the culprits received Universal Basic Income. Instead, they were forced to steal from one of the richest companies on the planet.

I find it amazing when people do. “Oh someone is stealing a few $$$ worth of goods from this multinational corporation which I am not even a part of! Time to lay down my life for capitalism!”

Why would somebody do that though? Stealing somebody’s backpack or bag in a well-lit public area has such a low probability of reward for such a high risk. But given the ridiculous premise, maybe? I’m no internet tough guy; I like to think I’d help out a comrade in duress, but that’s a split second decision and who knows what my actual reaction would be. I’d certainly not shame people for not doing anything though for exactly that reason.

Not amazing at all. Would you rescue the damsel Apple in distress? Why or why not?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.