See MIT's odd new jumping cube robots

[Read the post]

1 Like

“With some light-weight payloads, such as miniature cameras, the robot can be used for exploration tasks,”

Now that was very interesting and I learned something new, Thanks BB!

Reminds me of guinea pig ‘popcorning’

Hah, that’s cool. The slow motion starting at 2:33 really shows it–worth the wait (or skip to 2:33 if short on time).

“Each active jumping step is followed by dynamic passive bouncing motions.”

Talk dirty to me, MIT. Beat me with a miniature metal strap.

1 Like

adorably inefficient. they should sell it to the military to further world piece peace.

1 Like

*peace
…

Although, with this “jumping” mechanism, I’ve kinda laughed my ass off, so maybe “piece” works too.

The robots have achieved yogic flying! They will surely dominate us benevolently.

1 Like

They don’t seem to be too interested in aiming. Have they demonstrated any really advanced navigation tasks, such as moving in a straight line?

Cube jump home - you’re drunk!

1 Like

Give them to the military and they’ll add explosives so they chop you off at ankle height. (That’s if you’re standing to begin with.)

2 Likes

Bouncing bettys are way nastier than that already.

1 Like

That’s where the idea came from.

1 Like

Entirely the issue with modern programming. Lipstick it, pimp it out, get famous and make money.

Actually make it work usefully - why wtf?!?! Insult me why not!

1 Like

oh no there comes a cubebot… no wait it jumped in the wrong direction… careful, there it comes again… wait… no…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.