See the galaxy through the eyes of a frustrated rogue AI in Martha Wells' 'Murderbot Diaries'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/06/see-the-galaxy-through-the-eye.html

3 Likes

So its a sci-fi retelling of my daily life…

4 Likes

“Murderbot”

Do they rent it out by the hour / day / week?

2 Likes

“Murderbots need love too, but programs must complete.”

2 Likes

I read this and I loved it. Or at least the first one.

4 Likes

Great series!

2 Likes

Read them all so far and really enjoyed them. Hmm I should see if there is another one out yet.

1 Like

A series of 4 novellas that, in total length, are probably about the length of a longish novel. I enjoyed the first two, but when I realized that I was essentially paying $40 for a single novel, I decided to wait to get them in a collected edition instead.

3 Likes

You jest, but I have never felt so understood as I did reading Murderbot.

4 Likes

It’s more of joking-but-not-joking kind of things

1 Like

I love those books (and wouldn’t daily-driving power armor with a reflective face shield be just, i dunno, awesome?!?). They’re enjoyable as audiobooks, too.

2 Likes

This. They are stupid expensive for the length they are.

I’ve read all of them. The first is the best, but they’re all excellent reads. I heart murderbot!

I have to agree. I have the first one in paperback but I got the rest of them through the library.

Having said that, these were a lot of fun (as were the Raksura books in a different way). I have read that she’s writing a Murderbot novel and if so I’m definitely looking forward to it.

1 Like

I’ll have to give this a shot. It sounds right up my alley. Thank you.

These are quirky and fun. My only “complaint” is that they are all a bit short and I wanted more. One of my favorite reads of last year.

Murderbot is fantastic x4!

Sadly, yes. Great books, but they are overpriced novellas. Defiantly something I’d recommend finding at one’s local public library - fortunately the series is high enough profile that it can actually be found at many libraries.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.