Seemingly intoxicated Rob Ford gives subway press-conference

Fords hope to win was to have Chow and Tory in a dead heat. With Chow having fallen away and Tory emerged as the clear not-Ford candidate, I think his chances to win are extremely slim. Then again, this is premised on the idea that John Tory can actually win an election, which history does not support. Plus, I don’t think you can trust Canadian political polls.

1 Like

Well, there was a single poll last week that showed that. But every one before that showed him at 28%, and the one released yesterday shows 28%. All indications seem to be that last week’s was statistical noise.

The Chris Farley jokes are legion (I’ve made one or two myself), but he really does seem like Farley in one aspect: his stint in rehab was done more to placate critics than to actually get clean and sober. (Not long before Farley’s OD, one tabloid published pictures of him celebrating getting out of rehab by getting stinking drunk in a Chicago nightclub.)

BBC are reporting he has a ‘working diagnosis’ of a tumor in his abdomen -
Don’t exactly want to see him take the dirt nap, but surely his health is failing and he’s not physically fit to be mayor or stand for reelection. Pension him off quick!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.