Self-absorbed Laura Ingraham has a fantastic "Who's on first?" moment

Originally published at: Self-absorbed Laura Ingraham has a fantastic "Who's on first?" moment | Boing Boing

10 Likes

This is exactly what happens when you give a TV show to an empathy-challenged narcissist.

47 Likes

That actually made me laugh, and dog knows that Fox News isn’t funny.

24 Likes

Oh Laura Ingraham!

18 Likes

This is what I’m talking about, that guest had to be screwing with her for his own amusement. He could have cleared it up in the first couple seconds but he chose to keep playing.

14 Likes

Oh, wrong asshole, whatever…
Fuck You The Daily Show GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

13 Likes

Abbott and Costello did it first and better.

12 Likes

I avoided watching this cuz I don’t wanna watch this person but then a friend posted it and I relented. This is an amazing exchange between two people who don’t know how to communicate and yet are both somehow on television.

26 Likes

Conservatives are only good at unintentional humor.

18 Likes

Not convinced that’s true, because she still didn’t get it after he said “There’s a show called ‘You’ on Netflix.”

He sucks at communication but not as much as she sucks at comprehension.

34 Likes

I couldn’t really tell if it was a true miscommunication, or a scripted act. Probably doesn’t matter, either. If it’s true miscommunication, it only serves to reveal she’s a totally clueless dumbass, not just a Nazi dumbass. If it’s scripted, it was typically bad attempt by conservatives at humor that went over like a lead balloon.

One things for sure, the Goebbels comedy hour just isn’t worth watching.

19 Likes

He is claiming it was a bit. If it was they should leave the humor to the pros.

5 Likes

Pedantically, they may have done it better, but not first. It was an old burlesque routine that they adapted (stole?) and popularized.

It’s also an insanely difficult routine to do live. It requires a lot of practice to get right, and even seasoned stage pros will flub it. The fact that Abbot and Costello rarely did it the same way twice speaks to their incredible talent.

18 Likes

Yeah I don’t buy it. This smells like when Trump tried to pass off the “injecting bleach” thing or a thousand other absolutely-not-joking flubs as a joke. When these people do tell jokes it’s always at someone else’s expense, never the self-deprecating kind of humor that makes them look like the idiots. (Besides, that kind of humor would be redundant.)

26 Likes

If it was an attempt at comedy (which I doubt) it went on way too long, only proving that right-wingers aren’t very good at funny.

12 Likes

You it, Laura!

2 Likes

Same reaction. That’s gold-standard narcissism. The word “you” couldnt possibly apply to anyone but her.

And when they do achieve it, its almost always funny/sad.

I can (possibly) accept this. But even if true, it’s still embarrassing. Republicans just can’t do self-deprecating humor.

I never even considered this but: Absolutely.

5 Likes

He never gets invited back on Fox again if he says “Yes, she is that dumb.”

21 Likes

Yep. For some reason I immediately started thinking what I would’ve said if I was the man, and it would’ve been SO easy to clarify. “The show isn’t called Laura Ingraham” (or whatever her show is called), “it’s title is, ‘You’ it’s on Netflix, and they did an episode about…”

9 Likes

Totally scripted and yet another example of right-wing humor inspired from the original from the 1940s - you know - from when America was Great.

7 Likes