Self-proclaimed "Anti-woke" bank bombs

Originally published at: Self-proclaimed "Anti-woke" bank bombs | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Too stupid to fail…

20 Likes

Treating people with respect isn’t just a so called woke value, but it’s a solid business practice too. Even hardcore, coked up wall street sharks are reluctant to work with folks they might suspect who’d try to stab them in the back.

34 Likes

Within months, the investors’ money was nearly gone, and GloriFi was on the verge of bankruptcy. It missed launch dates, blaming faulty technology and failures by vendors, and laid off dozens of employees.

This is my surprised face.

29 Likes

Nick Jonas Wow GIF by Jonas Brothers

16 Likes

Well I didn’t read the article but one of the key aspects of the modern Anglo-Saxon economy is that a relatively small number of people with relatively huge amounts of money have more than satisfied their actual needs and are busy finding places they can invest to make more money. Some of them must have thought this GloriFi was a sure-fire unicorn of a start-up.

15 Likes

I’m sure that the people behind this scam are laughing all the way to a different bank.

29 Likes

Alternative names:

1. Three Fifths Bank
  2. Bank of REAL America
  3. TD AmeriTradwife
  4. Shittygroup
  5. HorriFi
30 Likes

Fuck 'em, it deserved to fail.

36 Likes

…and I so wanted a tactical credit card.

27 Likes

No tactical withdrawals, then. Boo.

22 Likes

Well, something ought to be aimed at those guys. The bomb aspect sounded hopeful. But Peter Thiel seems to have got it all wrong.

7 Likes

[quote=“Papasan, post:2, topic:232464, full:true”]
Too stupid to fail Thiel…
[/quote]

9 Likes

shocked philip j fry GIF

13 Likes

Anyone investing in that deserves to lose their shirt.

10 Likes

They tried to own the libs, and now they own shit.

On the other hand, there’s the credit union I belong to, which is pretty much the diametrical opposite of this fake-patriotic SNL skit of a bank. Shell-casing credit cards? Geez.

If you have the opportunity to ditch a typical greedy grabber bank in favor of a not-for-profit credit union, I highly recommend it.

28 Likes

I put all my savings and wardrobe in to the First National Bank of Shirt Destruction; imagine my surprise…

11 Likes

They love to squeal “GO WOKE, GO BROKE!”, but actually the opposite happened.

15 Likes
  1. Business, for the most part, aren’t “woke”. They are just reflecting the societal values the majority of Americans posses.

2. " It stumbled with products; for instance, a plan to make a credit card out of the same material used for shell casings failed when the company realized the material could interfere with security chips and potentially be too thick for payment terminals, according to people familiar with the matter."

There already is at least one company making metal cards. You send them your card, they laser engrave the info plus a design you pick out, and then either clone or move your RFID chip (I don’t know what process they use.)

I don’t think they use brass (which is what shell casings are made from) - I am not sure what they use - but they evidently work as credit/debit cards.

1. “Spite” rarely makes a good business model.
19 Likes

Jesus chased the money changers out of the temple, so now they tried to build a hybrid temple/bank to keep it from happening again?

10 Likes