Self-proclaimed "Anti-woke" bank bombs

LOL This is hilarious personally because a recruiter reached out to me not that long ago with a senior developer position for this company. It all sounded pretty good (good pay, tech stack I was familiar with, etc) until I looked up the company. This was probably the fastest and most firm “hell naw!” response I’ve ever given to a recruiter. I wished him good luck in finding any takers for this position, no matter how much they were willing to pay.

20 Likes

Welcome to the BBS!

7 Likes

How do you think this country got as rich as it has?

Joining Welcome Home GIF

4 Likes

It seems wholly appropriate that a financial sector entity and its attached abhumans would think that the solution to people who dislike big banks that don’t share their values is simply smearing a different advertising veneer over the same lawful-to-neutral evil that the competition offers. I know that I sure pick my usurer to show my love of god and traditional values.

I don’t know anyone who thinks that ‘big banks’ share their values, or much like the values they suspect big banks of sharing; but they aren’t peevish because the clip-art of people hugging joyfully at getting committed to 30 years of mortgage payments isn’t uniformly white enough or might have a homosexual in it; but because nobody likes being on the receiving end of usury, especially from smug gamblers who like talking about ‘moral hazard’ almost as much as they like getting bailed out.

9 Likes

Going after the signal cables seems a little…peripheral…but it sure beats someone naively trying to swords-to-plowshares the nonsparking beryllium copper tools commonly used to assemble touchy hardware without knowing what they were getting into.

4 Likes

It’s a nice and sturdy bottle opener, and it’s got an interesting story whenever someone asks me about it. And i happen to also like that it’s made out of bronze :slight_smile: i’m sure steel or aluminum (or other metals could’ve been used) but i’m pretty happy with it.

4 Likes

Grift, pure and simple. Get investors, run with money.

5 Likes

Of course we’re fed up with banks that don’t share our values. The problem is that customers’ values are incompatible with giant financial institutions taking all of our money.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if I’m giving them too much credit or too little by expressing surprise that they didn’t lean into the provenance of the brass to generate tiers of exclusivity.

Any sucker is eligible to pay extra for a card made of an unsuitable material; but only high-limit accounts get cards fabricated from brass certified to have been fired in anger; and whatever their Black Card equivalent is gets the singular distinction of cards fabricated only from cartridges involved in confirmed kills.

Preening proximity to applied violence transformed into a lifestyle accessory seems like the sort of thing their target market would love to a frankly unwholesome degree.

9 Likes
10 Likes

Ah yes. The Multi-cam Card with the yellow “dont tread on me” across the middle. Or the All White Card, with white lettering and white security strip and its double the size of a regular card. :+1:

5 Likes

“We’re not going to give you two thousand nickels”.

^ GloriFi’s current net worth.

4 Likes

We have a test case for this in the form of the American Express Black card. It’s made of titanium, has insane fees to carry it, and the two people I’ve met who have one are both ginormous douchebags who seemingly live just to throw it melodramatically on the table at restaurants.

12 Likes

And Mexico is going to pay for the security strip.

2 Likes

I guess by “woke” they mean “Jewish” here? I’m not surprised the boss is drunk every day by six and so disruptive employees are afraid of him. Sounds about like the kind of leadership and masculinity I expect from the sort of people who think the US is run by Jewish Marxist Transhuman Lesbians.

6 Likes

They are not cancelling you because you “celebrate your love of God and country.” They are cancelling you because you don’t know how to handle money.

1 Like

A few months back I got a random email from a recruiter, for a job based in Cardiff, but ‘involving travel to customer sites’ in Saudi Arabia and Thailand to install their software.
And what did they sell? Surveillance software. To governments with fucking terrible human rights records when it comes to surveilling their citizens.
No fucking way.

8 Likes

Right wing virtue signalling.

5 Likes

Wells Fargo? Same shit, different bank.

2 Likes