Sen Mitch McConnell blames Obama for bill that Obama vetoed and McConnell repeatedly voted for

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/03/sen-mitch-mcconnell-blames-oba.html

9 Likes

Welcome to politics,

Where it’s all made up, and the truth doesn’t matter.

37 Likes

Sen Mitch McConnell has got to be the biggest bastard to enter the public scene in recent memory. He’s like Gingrich, Delay, and Nixon all ground up in a blender and extruded into toxic steaming sausages. May he suffer an agonizing illness and endless lava waterboarding in Hell.

Thank you. I feel better.

40 Likes

69 Likes

To be fair, it is Obama’s fault. He was against it, so they had to vote for it.

68 Likes

Dammit, has Mitch skipped his meds, or is it time for his meds?

12 Likes

Apparently the Dump policy of blaming your opponent for everything you said or did is now catching with the Senate GOP. I’d suggest we declare it a nuisance vector and try and inoculate the public, but the GOP will just vote that down on Zika theory of “it’ll mostly kill poor people, so that’s fine by us.”

7 Likes

McConnell knows full well his voting base will never be informed enough for this to matter.

27 Likes

I actually have no idea how the Happy Mutant popluation comes down on this, but it’s a super dumb law. You think individual Saudis, Kuwaitis, Trinidadians, Mexicans, and many, many others don’t have any kind of beef with American state-sponsored actions abroad? This really is a case where parity of sovereign immunity had us better off. You think the KSA isn’t happy to let the people we threw in Gitmo sue us in their courts after this, entitling them to seizure of US assets abroad? And bear in mind, we made a law that gives people a right to sue. Not a right to win. It may still end up accomplishing nothing.

11 Likes

The only thing missing is McConnell holding a press conference where he blames it all on Obama while cry talking like an actual 6 year old.

12 Likes

Selected items from The Bully’s Favorite Sayings:

• Stop hitting yourself!
  • I didn’t hit him that hard.
  • If I don’t keep hitting him, he’ll never learn to defend himself.
  • You’re discriminating against me by not letting me discriminate!
  • Obama broke his promise to work across the aisle!
14 Likes

Definitely sounds like the party of “personal responsibility”. Yeppers!

19 Likes

A politician would answer this with an emphatic “yes”.

9 Likes

I use this technique to get my 3 year old son to put on pants before we leave the house… but this is some master class use of reverse psychology. Bravo, President Obama… Bravo…

2 Likes

That is some fine double speak there, Lou.

2 Likes

Right - same GOP who still have not acted on Obamas SCOTUS justice nomination. Vote them all out.

8 Likes

The U.S. Senate voted 97-1 to override the president’s veto and pass S. 2040 (aka JASTA). Harry Reid (D-NV) was the sole ‘Nay’.

Twenty-eight of those 97 senators then signed a letter written to John Cornyn (R-TX) and Charles Schumer (D-NY) in which they wring their hands about potential ‘unintended consequences’ of a bill they just voted for.

The 28 senators who signed this letter:

Bob Corker (R-Tn.)
Lamar Alexander (R-Tn.)
Ben Cardin (D-Md.)
Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.)
Dianne Feinstein (D-Ca.)
Mark Warner (D-Va.)
Mike Rounds (R-S.D.)
Jack Reed (D-R.I.)
Pat Roberts (R-Ks.)
Chris Coons (D-De.)
Jeff Flake (R-Az.)
Tom Udall (D-N.M.)
Dan Coats (R-In.)
Bill Nelson (D-Fl.)
John Thune (R-S.D.)
Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.)
Angus King (I-Me.)
Tom Carper (D-De.)
Tom Cotton (R-Ar.)
Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.)
Dan Sullivan (R-Al.)
Jeff Merkley (D-Or.)
Jim Risch (R-Id.)
Brian Schatz (D-Hi.)
Mazie Hirono (D-Hi.)
John McCain (R-Az.)
Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.)
Michael Bennet (D-Co.)

ETA— Number of signers, by party: Democrats (15), Republicans (12), independent (1).

12 Likes

But thanks to gerrymandering and the fact that he’ll “protect” the poor white people of Kentucky, they’ll keep voting him in!

Thanks Obama!

Only meds he needs is Jebus!!

which is sad

Thanks for posting that, now I know who to vote against this year!

6 Likes

You see, it’s all Obama’s fault for being AGAINST the bill, which causes Republicans to reflexively be FOR the bill.

~Shorter Mitch McConnell

5 Likes

This is the crazy part, to me. How did anyone convince 97 people to vote publicly for this idea?

11 Likes