Senator Ron Johnson said it "may be true" that the Covid vaccination can give people AIDS

One might think that the Trump Effect might have given these people pause, but they seem to have gotten over any qualms. they might have had.

3 Likes

Well, to be fair, it’s 50/50 - either the vaccine gives you AIDS or it doesn’t.
(In much the same way that it’s only 50/50 that the sun will come up tomorrow.)

4 Likes

Yeah, law school does teach inductive reasoning like science. You’re going from cases and trying to infer what the underlying law actually means. But as a lawyer you’re doing that so support a particular conclusion, unless you’re an appeals court judge.

4 Likes

It may be true that his backyard is full of buried corpses.

6 Likes

it MAY be true. one step at a time. is it human skin? we just don’t know.

5 Likes

I live in Wisconsin, so unfortunately Ron Johnson is one of my senators. My nesting partner read an article about this last night and asked me “how much trouble would I get in if I slapped a senator?”

12 Likes

16 Likes

Can we perhaps lay off the lawyer-bashing?

a) none of the above is particularly accurate;

b) lawyers are not the problem.

The problem is that one of the major US political parties has decided that their path to power is through appealing to and appeasing racist, xenophobic, religious-extremist, conspiracy nutjobs and has spent the last several decades stoking those fires until we’ve reached this tipping point where the lunatics are now running the party.

8 Likes

BECAUSE IT’S THE FUCKING TRUTH JACKASS!

It is so very hard to imagine that people might be this stupid and gullible. It makes it very hard to empathize and relate, which makes civil conversation difficult.

11 Likes

The “Covid Vaccine Causes AIDS” lie is a pure, uncut InfoWars falsehood.
It is disgusting something so low can reach so high on the GQP foodchain.

Who the f-ck is this Todd Callendar? If you do cursory research, you’ll find this bullshit group of people called “Corona Investigative Committee.” He is an over-the-top paranoic conspiracy theorist. (Had to use duckduckgo, because thankfully Google blocks them all.) And a US senator, apparently, is using him as a consultant. Welcome to Hell!

Thank God Jonas Salk, Louis Pasteur, et al aren’t alive to see all this. They’d be the first to go.

12 Likes

I’m so tired of speculating on if Rs are dumb or malicious. As far as I can tell we treat dumb as more forgivable and say things like “candidates who believe the election was stolen” when it’s more likely they are just lying, but if they are that dumb is that better?

8 Likes

7 Likes

Which is also how the GOP approaches legislating. Their attitude is “we’re going to do this thing, now go make up the excuse”, while the Dems approach is more like “we’d like to do this thing, but factors a, b and c are preventing us.” It would sure be nice if the Dems could actually comprehend that and act accordingly.

6 Likes

People - fine, fine, tremendous, beautiful people - are saying Ron Johnson is shit wrapped in human skin.

8 Likes

Same here and it continues to piss me off to this day that enough people thought this fuckwit was a better choice than Feingold.

11 Likes

“I saw nothing of the sort. You were with me 1000’s of miles away. What slap?

9 Likes

Well, three vaccinations hasn’t infected me with aids but if I do, can anyone point me to senator Ron Johnson so I can plant a big wet one on him? Let’s all make a commitment to do this if we in the vaccinated community become infected with aids.

3 Likes

Bolsonaro did It first and is being investigated.

7 Likes

Shitbirds of a feather and all that.

9 Likes

It “might be true” that the Covid vaccination would turn me into my fursona.

…or just give me extra immunity for Covid-19.

One of those I think.

9 Likes