Senator Tammy Duckworth, a retired U.S. Army Lieutenant Colonel, says she won't clap for "Cadet Bone Spurs"

The difficulty you are having is that you aren’t tracking the fact that my concern is to Duckworth’s terminology (Cadet Bone Spurs) which could be applied to many perfectly OK individuals. Personally I’d use terminology that emphasizes his apparent fakery to gain an exemption. My reference to Clinton were to point out the hypocrisy of being OK with widely offensive terms when referring to General Fake News.

Incidentally there are a lot of us that remember the feelings young people had about Vietnam and don’t think Draft Dodger, Draft Avoided or even Deserter are terms of shame in relation to that war.

Your ‘concern’ is unfounded, and frankly it kinda smacks of some serious psychological projection; wanting to take it personally, as if she were somehow dissing you.

She was not.

Marcia

You seem to be the one who’s intentionally missing the point of this entire post.

Senator Tammy Duckworth is disabled, from being wounded in service; I sincerely doubt that she would deign to punch down on anyone who’s genuinely afflicted with any kind of disability.

What you don’t seem to grok is that Senator Duckworth is ‘punching up’ against a duplicitous president who is obviously not fit to hold his position; one who likes to posture as if he’s a “great, fearless leader” - when in reality, he’s just an over-privileged coward who has “never served anyone, nor sacrificed anything.”

Considering that she has served her country bravely when he has not, she’s well within her right to criticize.

7 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: The motivations of Senator Tammy Duckworth

Did you use a position of privilege to reapeatedly dodge the draft claiming a medical exemption (while at the same time supposedly being a pro level athlete)?

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.