Senators accuse Saudi crown prince of complicity in Khashoggi murder

Well, you are correct, but the problem in my mind is that he would more effectively pursue the same crazy right wing agenda that Trump is being steered to now, and would actually care about doing so, with messianic zeal, rather than going through the motions to make the base happy.

4 Likes

But he thinks American Taliban.

3 Likes

“If the Crown Prince went in front of a jury, he would be convicted in 30 minutes,” Senator Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) said after a closed-door Senate briefing with CIA Director Gina Haspel. In other words, Corker and his fellow Senators were convinced by the evidence that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman ordered the assassination of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

With Trump so far sticking with Khashoggi, I’m wondering how the GOP will use their supposed outrage over K to gain self-serving influence over Trump while simultaneously protecting Trump.

2 Likes

How would he be more effective? He would become president under circumstances that would leave him in a much weaker position politically than Trump was even six months ago. What has he actually achieved in his political career that suggests he could work such miracles?

1 Like

When the details of the Katyn Forest massacre became public, both Churchill and Wilson publicly went along with the Soviet disinformation campaign, as the alliance was considered more important than justice for the Poles.
I don’t know if, in hindsight, this was the right thing to do, but the reasons for denial of the circumstances on Khashoggi’s killing might stem from similar motives.

More effective than Trump is not really calling for anything miraculous. He is not screamingly, criminally, out of this world, obscenely evil. He is just a more-or-less standard Republican level of evil, with a strong Christian Dominionist bent. I am not saying he is any kind of genius or anything, just more effective than Trump.

A walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

1 Like

Pence is a weird enigma. On one hand, he’s another ultraconservative ultra-religious scary creep who’s actually competent and able to speak coherently and form cohesive policies, so he could be more effective than Trump. On the other hand, he has zero charisma and none of the huckster machismo that Trump does, so I can’t see Trump’s cult of personality transferring to a wet sandwich like Pence. So as president, he might just wither.

1 Like

And? He has no record of being able to do anything other than listen to his wife. I’m not worried about Mr Ineffectual. I’m worried about the criminal in the driver seat right now. The agenda of the right may be repugnant but it’s not criminal. The agenda of Trump was conceived and created as a criminal enterprise.

Lindsay Graham is full of crap. He also said, speaking of Pompeo and Mattis, that if they’d been members of a Democratic administration, he would accuse them of being in the Saudi’s back pocket. So…because they’re in a Republican administration, it’s ok? WTF is he saying here? I am so tired of these traitors putting party ahead of principle.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.