Seth Green's "Bored Ape" stolen, putting in jeopardy the TV show it was set to star in

Apes come with a Terms of Service that declares that “You own the NFT” and “You own the ape completely”, then in the next sentence declares that ownership of the NFT is moderated by the smart contract. None of it smells much like real lawyering and the courts will have to decide what it actually means.

3 Likes

they definitely didn’t set up anonymous sock-puppet wallets to ‘steal’ and ‘sell’ the ape for publicity purposes for their NFT cartoon nope

1 Like

Assuming that any of these crypto-playground fights ever get beyond hand-waving about what the block-chain says.

Let’s see if BAYC ever lawyers-up to defend their contracts and IP more than a DMCA take-down slap.

1 Like

I was thinking that it was an excuse for giving up on a project that is going nowhere. Now I’m wondering whether it is Andy Kaufman level driving trollies.

3 Likes

He should just revive this ape show instead

2 Likes

My reaction when I heard about this:

ha ha simpsons GIF

1 Like

Seth’s ape was stolen through a phishing scam.
Then the thief sold Seth’s ape to an unsuspecting(?) buyer.
That buyer won’t return Seth’s ape.
(Don’t know if Seth is offering a reward or a trade— it would be a rare person to return a six-figure purchase with no compensation to someone who didn’t follow basic safety rules of not clicking random links)

Well, sure, there’s good precedents for that:

You mean that’s not how this works?

3 Likes

Legal Eagle has an excellent video on the legal issues surrounding NFTs. It also explains what they actually are in a way I was finally able to more or less understand.

2 Likes

I always feel stupid when these NFT stories come up. My brain translates it to, “someone stole my rainbow and now the leprechauns are riding their unicorns on it.”

wait-what-gif

3 Likes

Is that how anything works?

1 Like

Yes, that is indeed what the article says

Welcome

1 Like

An insecure NFT stolen!

Why it’s almost as if they aren’t worth the paper they aren’t printed on!

Seriously, I hope Seth can get this weekend out.

But this NFT house of cards is bullshit.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.