Seven influential filmmakers helped early on by federal arts funding

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/03/22/seven-influential-filmmakers-h.html

4 Likes

Sure, films are nice, but on the other hand tax cuts are tax cuts. You can see President Trump’s quandary.

7 Likes

I was going to try to highlight the callousness of the currently proposed budget by quoting the Budget Director when he said

[quote]{paraphrased}
We can’t ask unemployed coal miners or single mothers to keep paying for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.[/quote]

By angrily adding my own next lines

But then, I researched the quote, to be sure I had it right, and damned if he didn’t go there his own fucking self in the same press-conference.

It’s hard to shame someone by pointing out their cruelty when they consider that personality trait to be a feature, rather than a bug.

:rage: :cry: :sob: :rage:

6 Likes

Or fund a tax cut for the rich or corporations.

4 Likes

Is there some way that we can reclassify war as performance art, so that they’ll accidentally cut the military budget at the same time?

5 Likes

Or fund the EPA as part of a “War on Climate Change” since they keep funding the military billions more then the military itself asks for?

I could picture no. 45 touring the Navy’s newest “warship” and commenting, “It’s funny, but this aircraft carrier looks different than the last one I toured…almost like a research vessel…”

3 Likes

My request for federal funding of a documentary extolling the virtues of tax cuts has really put him in a difficult position. I’m feeling pretty conflicted myself and don’t expect that to go away until the check clears.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.