Sex Pistols' "God Save the Queen" as interpreted by Leo Moracchioli

Originally published at: Sex Pistols' "God Save the Queen" as interpreted by Leo Moracchioli | Boing Boing

2 Likes

As reported in today’s Guardian, someone just leaked the UK Government’s secret plans for when the Queen dies, including “official social media blackouts and a ban on retweets.” Let’s hope they don’t try to ban this fine performance!

1 Like

That was not bad actually. It’s already a distorted, loud tune, so this slightly darker metal vibe works for it. Although it looks more like he’s channeling Oingo Boingo with those outfits.

3 Likes

I am making my own playlist for that day, one which will make any version of God Save The Queen sound like an enthusiastic anthem for the monarchy.

6 Likes

Some covers are an improvement on the original, without the sneer this is not one of them.

1 Like

If you like interesting cover versions, may I suggest Nouvelle Vague…

4 Likes

OK, we all know the heavy metal cover guy is a hoot-and-a-half, and this is no different. But, seriously, wtf w/ that Bananarama cover?

2 Likes

I’m choosing to believe this is a deep fake.

3 Likes

Indeed.

2 Likes

Yeah, I missed the snotty little git swaggering sneer. Leo is just too nice. He doesn’t generate the necessary, punch me in the face, mister, energy.

I really enjoyed it. The original bad-girls of pop. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I much prefer the Bananarama

1 Like

“choosing”? It would actually be much more believable!

Bananarama was formed in Steve Jones practice space, they used to crash there. They sang backing for Steve Jones and the Professionals.

4 Likes

And Fun Boy Three.

2 Likes
1 Like

Colin Fruze’ talents know no bounds.

I’m being told that is NOT Colin Furze.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.