Sex Slavery as Religious Doctrine

ISIS enshrines a theology of Rape

One 34-year-old Yazidi woman, who was bought and repeatedly raped by a Saudi fighter in the Syrian city of Shadadi, described how she fared better than the second slave in the household — a 12-year-old girl who was raped for days on end despite heavy bleeding.

“He destroyed her body. She was badly infected. The fighter kept coming and asking me, ‘Why does she smell so bad?’ And I said, she has an infection on the inside, you need to take care of her,” the woman said.

Unmoved, he ignored the girl’s agony, continuing the ritual of praying before and after raping the child.
“I said to him, ‘She’s just a little girl,’ ” the older woman recalled. “And he answered: ‘No. She’s not a little girl. She’s a slave. And she knows exactly how to have sex.’ ’’

“And having sex with her pleases God,” he said.

1 Like

ISIS continues a theology of rape. Mohammed married and got a child pregnant. It’s not like this is a new development in the islamic tradition.

You can pretend all you want that islam is a religion of peace, and they often say it is a religion of peace. You may choose to believe that’s true, but remember that nuclear bombs bring the exact same kind of peace as what islam has always striven for.

ISIS may have been deliberately designed to “troll” the West. “See how we thumb our noses at your decadent Western ways!”

From the bit that I heard on the radio, the Yazidi sound much more decent that your average middle eastern Abrahamic folks when it comes to taking care of these women and girls when they do make it back to their families…

1 Like

They do sound like a caricature of gamergate gentlemen.

2 Likes

They do have a very long tradition of victim-blaming. Then killing the victim. Because… Purity? As if killing an innocent person somehow doesn’t make them impure.

The mental gymnastics of justifying one’s evil through religions that claim to be good.

(Regarding carnal foibles:)

And Ghandi and Joseph Smith and L. Ron Hubbard, and various popes and like, all the Caesars, and many prominent cardinals openly, and David Koresh, and Warren Jeffs…

It goes on like this…

2 Likes

And you are lynching negroes

I thought this was a thread about islamic regimes including ISIS and their ongoing crimes against humanity.

But by all means, if you want to broaden it out a bit, I can safely say that I probably wouldn’t feel bad seeing all child rapists getting their genitals surgically removed.

2 Likes

Ah, sorry if I stepped outside a line there.

I just meant to say that Mohammed’s sexual indiscretions by no means separate him from the pack.

3 Likes

The important thing here is that ISIS is actually much more faithful to the dictates of the koran than the vast majority of muslims, and they use the dictates of their barbaric book to justify their gross inhumanity to other humans.

There’s plenty of reasons to hate ISIS, their “holy” book is just the driving reason for their actions. Most people are better than their religions, but when they aren’t we can’t make excuses for them.

I agree that we can’t make excuses. There are good reasons to evolve.

Making a sweeping judgement of their holy book is, I think, a little far by most definitions. The Baghavad Gita has some pretty crazy shit. That OT god Jehovah had it in for non-Jews. Anything Xenu is nuts (actually I’m ok with that one). The Book of Abraham is wacked to say the least.

We gotta take things in context. Demonizing the other side doesn’t gain us any ground. So let’s not run down their book, because most who believe in the book are peaceful people, much like the relationship of Christians to the Old Testament.

Their book specifically orders them to kill apostates. It’s barbaric whether or not they follow it closely. And I think it’s like having a user manual for an appliance that specifically threatens loss of warranty if you don’t go out and slash other people’s tires. Sure most people won’t do it, but it’s irresponsible to just write off the tire slashers as kooks. They’re doing exactly what they’re supposed to do to keep their appliance within warranty.

Now let’s instead shift it over to something as apparently important as your ultimate fate after you die. That seems to me like a significant oversight, and in dire need of correction in some way.

Other holy books need to be fixed too. I came from christian fundamentalism, and grew up with a dad who literally told me that “fags are evil people who make a choice to hurt us. They deserve to burn in hell, and they deserve all the evils of the world that come their way.”

There’s plenty of evil in religion and religious doctrine, even if the majority of practioners aren’t so morally adrift that they take their doctrine as 100% literal truth. They still have abdicated moral responsibility in many, if not most cases to ancient morons, rather than making decisions for themselves, because nobody wants to take responsibility for the fact that sometimes we screw up and do bad things to each other.

Yeah, so does the Bible, and that’s the point (Ref Deut. 13:6-9, among others, I’ll spare you a full quote). Most of the older religions come from a brutal place, because the world before our dainty existences was was truly nasty, brutish, and short.

See, we really agree. They’re all mostly the same, and they all have kooks, and they all have zealots, and they all have leaders good and bad.

5 Likes

Good thing we never see that sort of thing here in the U.S. :wink:

7 Likes

If you follow the hebrew bible closely, many atrocities are possible. Few cults would suggest that such barbarities are required. ISIS is different because it delights in the obscene.

2 Likes

Historically speaking, women in the Arabian peninsula took a step up with the spread of Islam. It enshrined rights for women in law (if not always in practice). women in Islam had property rights, for example. While it’s nothing like we have now, it was better than what came before.

That being said, ISIS is full of barbarians (which I’d wage to guess is a position that the majority of Muslims would agree) and the man who founded it was in no way a proper islamic scholar and would likely have no standing to interpret sharia. There is not set agreement on most things in Islam, it’s all lived through interpretation.

And lets not forget that the majority of victims of ISIS are other Muslims.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 554 days. New replies are no longer allowed.