Shall we try this again? Questions to be asked?

Don’t I remember Elastica, but never went to your art school?

2 Likes

That’s entirely possible, but having dug up the mid-90s can we avoid letting this thread veer into the Oasis vs Blur spat?
Oh gods, what have I done by mentioning it?
Is Britpop as dangerous to repeat as Beetlejuice?

2 Likes

Is it good that I remember Elastica and can’t remember anything from Blur or Oasis?

4 Likes

Is Blur Vs. Oasis the gen x version of the Beatles Vs. Stones? In the former aren’t I team pulp or Radiohead, in the latter aren’t I team Velvet Underground?

Also, what about Lush?

1 Like

I’m going to agree with the first part, but Lush? What about Echobelly?

2 Likes

Or how about any 4AD band? Did you know that there is a This Mortal Coil Box Set coming out? Wouldn’t It’ll End in Tears sound great on vinyl?

1 Like

I didn’t know; now where can I get a record player at non-Hipster prices?

2 Likes

Aren’t they also selling it on CD too, so you have a choice? Don’t I already have copies of all three albums? Don’t I wish that Ivo Watts-Russell would do a new TMC album with some of the current roster of 4AD?

2 Likes

Did you know that in the Horrible Histories-related movie “Bill”, before he became a playwright, William Shakespeare played in a band called Mortal Coil?

3 Likes

Has this become an actual discussion thread?

3 Likes

How could that possibly happen?

3 Likes

I guess the guys putting up the new rain gutters got rained out, huh? Is it going to rain all day, do you suppose?

3 Likes

Are you getting rain out your way?

Well, aren’t you lucky?

3 Likes

How in the heck can I wash my neck?

5 Likes

Isn’t the rain lucky to get one last chance to hurl itself off the roof all wayward and uncontrolled, cascading down the valleys, splashing where it is wont with thunderous noise, before the dominating hand of humankind makes it line up and behave all nice-like?

2 Likes

Well, now, shouldn’t everything posted in this thread be a question?

3 Likes

Why was that not a proper question?

8 Likes

Can we give the new kid a break?

And what the heck is with those trees?

3 Likes

Are any of us truly safe from the penalty of breaking the thread rules?

3 Likes

It’s live and learn around here, huh?

4 Likes