Shaq attempting to dodge service over an FTX lawsuit

Originally published at: Shaq attempting to dodge service over an FTX lawsuit | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Apparently, Shaq must go to court to prove he really IS a great actor!

7 Likes

I personally think it speaks ill of a person when they’re willing to provide an endorsement of a product they don’t believe in, especially when they falsely imply that they use the product as part of the endorsement. That said, this is hardly unique to FTX. Celebrities say they use things they don’t all the time in advertisement, and I think someone’s going to have a hard time claiming they had no idea that celebrities lie as part of their endorsements. Unless Shaq broke the law, this is unlikely to go anywhere.

11 Likes

Making a shitty endorsement? Likely not against the law! Unless it can be proven Shaq knew it was bad ahead of time, as is claimed in the linked article.

Dodging the justice system? Not a good move.

10 Likes

You took financial advice from Shaq? Dude that’s on you.

7 Likes

Kinda silly. There are dozens of ways one can be served with papers that do not involve personal service.
With the kind of representation he can afford, he could easily just Answer the lawsuit and get his part of it dismissed.

6 Likes

You’re just delaying this a few weeks. They’ll get an approval by the court to post it to your property.

8 Likes

I was just a paid spokesperson for a commercial

lied in a television commercial, that he was ‘all in’ with FTX, when he admitted that personally, he would not go near cryptocurrency

Shaq, making himself famous for endorsing worthless products and services. Quite the bold shift in his personal brand.

5 Likes

giphy

5 Likes

Yeah that’s the silliest part, I’m sure he has some highly capable lawyers representing his interests who could tell him that there’s no point in dodging a process server since doing so only delays the inevitable.

3 Likes

Well the article says he wouldn’t touch crypto himself. Plus he’s rich. So he’s one better than me!

3 Likes

But “all in” can mean different things. “In cahoots,” for example.

2 Likes

Post uses the term “service” a few times but doesn’t explain what is meant by that word in this context. I’m not interested in doing further research by clicking links to find out.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.