Shark bites boy wearing "shark-repelling" magnetic armband

Don’t sharks track prey via their Ampullae of Lorenzini by following electromagnetic fields of fish and other animals?

9 Likes

There was one I saw recently that advertised the Copper as being for “AntiMicrobial” reasons and I thought that was just clever enough.

Put COPPER on there in BIG BOLD letters so your copper wearing types are drawn to it, but point out in the fine print the copper is just there due to it’s antibacterial properties and make NO MENTION of the Woo.

3 Likes

Are you sure it wasn’t Shark Tank? I think it attracted some investors…

4 Likes

19 Likes

They just feel awful about disturbing them?

3 Likes

5 Likes

Not only do they exist, they’re available in an assortment of colors:

11 Likes

That’s why when I go surfing I always dress as a giant panda. And I haven’t been bitten once.

17 Likes

12 Likes

If only he had offered up his soul to the Eternal Dragon Guardian of Time, the boy wouldn’t have all these problems with sharks… presumably.

1 Like

Not a bad concept, even if you’re joking. Sharks avoid stripped high contrast fish, and is the basis for shark deterrent wetsuits and boards.

3 Likes

By golly, I am so tired of sharks passing off bad behavior as a cases of mistaken identity.

3 Likes

29 Likes

Joking?

12 Likes

:slight_smile: as i said, it’s a sound concept. If it’s taken as a joke or not. Pretty great pic by the way lol

1 Like

I was hoping for a chick gif or picture :smiley: not disappointed.

2 Likes

“To expedite your refund please provide original proof of purchase and your severed limb.”

2 Likes

Product testimonial:

“I’ve worn my wristband for five years and haven’t been bitten by a shark once.”

hasn’t been in the ocean in five years

7 Likes

But he’s been in an ocean themed restaurant and you know sharks hang out there!

And let’s not forget the Superbowl sharks!

http://imgur.com/eqFcvV7

4 Likes

Pfft, you and your wimpy sharks!

12 Likes