She-Ra reboot looks great

You’re like one of the only other people who seems to remember that show even existed.

What about Tiger Sharks; remember them?

5 Likes

It’s also worth nothing that Kinja, iO9’s comment platform, is pretty heavily moderated and many, many comments don’t appear unless you specifically select them. That being said, iO9 has one of the better comment sections and somehow doesn’t engender the same flame-rage that the other former gawker assets like Jezebel and The Root do. I credit the influence of founders Annalee Newitz and Charlie-Jane Anders even though they have since left.

5 Likes

I liked Galaxy Rangers.

6 Likes

If it’s only half as good as their recent Voltron reboot it’ll still be great.

4 Likes

24 comments and not a single one about how a skirt (even with shorts underneath) isn’t really appropriate attire for fighting? You’d think they could put her in some pants or something.

1 Like

Sorry, we’re all a bit distracted by the unsuitability of Old She-Ra’s top for fighting.

3 Likes

Executive #1: It should be classically animated!

Executive #2: It should be animated in a modern style!

Executive #3: Hang on a tick… Why not both?

As Kimberly has shown us time and time again, these are myths and lies propagated by Big Denim!

1 Like

Noelle Stevenson is showrunning, so my expectation is great².

4 Likes

Haven’t heard of that one actually, though i did enjoy watching another obscure cartoon: Visionaries

There’s also Biker Mice From Mars, Street Sharks and Swat Kats though all of those are 90’s examples rather than 80’s.

4 Likes

The opening of SWAT Kats had a terrific song with a Brian May touch. All those toons were made to sell toys, weren’t them? I cannot remember a cartoon of the 1980’s or 1990’s without tons of merchandising item attached.

1 Like

I just rewatched the intro for season 1 & 2 and they’re both rad as all getout though i’m really digging the one from season 2

1 Like

I’d argue that neck length is more important than pants on the field of battle.

6 Likes

I disagree. That is clearly a battle skort.

4 Likes

It seems to me, an out-of-touch armchair culture critic, that this is due to every one of these reboots trying to resemble runaway hit, “Teen Titans”.

2 Likes

hHow did thos neme go? oh right!:

Flat Justice!

Its good to see other bodytypes on tv then some supermodel like figures. I am all for the new shera look though the shoulderpads / Horns are a bit to much.

Skirts aren’t suited for battle, eh?

2 Likes

see also:

3 Likes

No Guts No Glory!

2 Likes

Alas, there were no Street Frogs action figures.

1 Like