Shepard Smith quit Fox News right after Trump AG Bill Barr met with Rupert Murdoch

Here you go Shep:

Shepard Smith and R.L. are from just the other side of Holly Springs, MS

1 Like

“quit”

2 Likes

At Fox News. Hmm.

I have no idea about this person’s work or how much a of piece of shit he is relative to his colleagues (I’m not a big Fox News viewer). But there’s no way you work for any Murdoch outlet, let alone Fox News, for 23 years without being corrupted to the very roots of your soul. So that’s my perspective.

11 Likes

I understand the skepticism, and share it to an extent, but Smith has been a consistent and seemingly sincere enough critic of Trump and the corrupt shitstains he’s surrounded himself with that I’ve long wondered what the hell he was doing on FOX News to start with.

2 Likes

I can not see how Barr’s meeting with Murdoch can be justified as being in any way appropriate. Why is this not a huge issue? Wonder what the ABA has to say about it?

I’ve wirked in news for about 8 years now and have good sources (former co-workers) within Fox News that say this is a direct result of Barr’s meeting and that he threatened Fox with “something” because 45 was displeased with the negative coverage on Fox. Most of that negative coverage had come from Shep I guess.

4 Likes

Facts are made irrelevant and ineffective when, in the course of reporting them, they get undercut by false equivalency with BS and when liars aren’t called out but legitimatize.
You know; how the establishment media roll.

2 Likes

Worth noting that a “critic” of Trump is just anyone who respects and reports actual facts or expects Trump to do so. Smith seemed to be that.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.