Sheriff's deputy resigns after dragging mentally ill woman down stairs–and is hired by the next county over

In this specific case, just having any video of it not in the article proper, especially not an auto-playing gif would be fine. I see nothing wrong with “The video can be found on the ABC website”. The videos being available is inevitable, but I think we need to treat them differently then we do videos of cute kittens playing with yarn.

What really gets me though is that this is the second case of this in a week, with the other being this post, where the headline + gif was really inappropriate: http://bbs.boingboing.net/t/watch-florida-cop-treating-handcuffed-homeless-man-like-hungry-zoo-animal/

It’s a pattern of behavior which is why I’m pushing at it.

Nothing to apologize for at that part, I just honestly didn’t know that flagging posts would go to the right person.

Edit: Don’t want to drag stuff TOO off topic but…

Not really? There are plenty of racist or sexist posters who are pretty much “Regulars”, and continue to comment in negative ways on a repeat basis, but it goes pretty much untouched. You have to be pretty blatant about your bigotry, and even just white-whining about reverse racism and how white people have it so bad, or going on about how awful women are in general and their feelings don’t matter isn’t enough to get you banned.