Should consumer fireworks be outlawed?

Chicago has a ban on fireworks. But if you take the I-294 toward Indiana all you see is billboards for “Krazy Kaplan Fireworks” in Indiana.

Because just like guns, Chicago gets all its llegal fireworks in Indiana. And somehow it’s legal to advertise illegal products. Weird.

6 Likes

Would a consumer fireworks ban prevent dumbass gender-reveal explosions?

1 Like

I’d say yes but also no. I think one solution is to have a place for folks who want to get their hand blown off to do in a safer area like maybe a flat park that’s specifically designated for such fireworks which should be far away from houses, trees, and grasslands. Basically one big dirt field. I believe that’s how it’s done in Bismarck, ND from what I remember my sister told me.

1 Like

Could be a sideline business for the gravel pits: rent it out on the weekends for fireworks and keggers!
It does make sense, to have something akin to a shooting range, but for fireworks. I wonder if they’re considering that here…going to check. Thanks for the idea!

1 Like

From the first link:

If anything undermines Germany’s image as a science-driven polity, it’s this.

Has anyone ever said it was one?

1 Like

Might be too subtle; when you get near the SC border heading toward Myrtle Beach, you start seeing the signs for State Line Fireworks.

1 Like

Oh wow, that used to be a Rainbow Foods market back in the day. There’s a Chicago style pizza joint across the street (can’t believe they’re still open!) that was pretty good ages ago. You want their phone number, I still remember it because it was one digit off of ours. :rage:

3 Likes

You can buy fireworks in Costco in Indiana. And all the other stores too, such as Meijer’s, Walmart, etc.

Go further east on 94 and you’ll get to Shelton’s which cannot be missed from the highway, as it’s about the length of a football field:

6 Likes

Not sure. Given Laschet, I doubt it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.