Siberian heat wave unleashes deadly 'zombie anthrax' outbreak through century-old reindeer carcasses

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/08/03/siberian-heat-wave-unleashes-d.html

2 Likes

Zombie anthrax?

Yes, it’s a thing, and it can/might kill you. If you come in contact with it, that’s the one caveat.

Bacillus anthracis, the bacteria that cause anthrax, are capable of surviving in the soil for centuries

from above piece.

2 Likes

There is something a bit surreal about the nicely dressed family calmly crouched around the freshly killed carcass, just like a picnic, but with more gore.

8 Likes

This part:

is kind of horrifying to me. I mean, I can understand that it would spread via eating of infected meat, but just by contact with something nearby? Yikes.

7 Likes

Antivaxxers, take note.

16 Likes

News stories like this are killing traffic to my chain of uncooked, century old reindeer-themed restaurants. Well, the news stories and practically everything else I just said.

Have you never been to a family restaurant?

18 Likes

I tried to eat at a family restaurant once, but they wouldn’t let me in, because I was without family.

Went to the singles bar, instead.

8 Likes

Isn’t this how The Thing starts?

6 Likes

Oh boy, here we go.

2 Likes

Wasn’t this the plot of the first season of ReGenesis? Except that was a weaponized virus instead of Anthrax.

1 Like

No, I figure that’s more than I can eat.

8 Likes

Next to be thawed - mammoth herpes.

7 Likes

One was wearing a hoodie.

1 Like

Was it one of the hoodies that nobody in your neighborhood can get because they are selling out so fast???

4 Likes

I am disturbed that the local Biowarfare troops seem to have a pre-made handy reindeer carcass incinerator. Why?

Coleman grills don’t come in camo.

3 Likes

I assumed it was what they named their 2016 tour

2 Likes

Man, pictures of kids in hospitals always made me sad in an abstract way, but now that I have a baby, they are like a fucking physical gut punch. I can’t handle that shit anymore.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.