Worst-case scenario places Judith Basin County, Montana as our last redoubt against the virus

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/21/worst-case-scenario-places-jud.html

8 Likes

Rob, I’ll come along and join … … if you can arrange to send a private jet to fly me in! :wink:

(From across the Atlantic, I should add.)

4 Likes

I’d guess there’s guns and hunters to contend with. Exercise extreme caution.

11 Likes

But I don’t want to be responsible for feeding all those dang horses! Will they reduce the price if 2/3 of the horses are excluded from the transaction?

9 Likes

What do you think you’re gonna be eatin Edith

38 Likes

Fish? It says “fishing” right there in the write up!

24 Likes

The Times really should have published this weeks ago. I keep trying to tell people that the US is on track to be completely overrun, but for some reason many don’t understand. This visual should help, but we’ve already lost precious time.

5 Likes

I’m in.

And @IronEdithKidd, I’ll even volunteer to take care of the horses. When I used to ride, my favorite part was grooming the horses afterwards.

12 Likes

Damn it, Rob.

11 Likes

I live there - she’s a harsh mistress come winter so plan on building up food reserves in summer. Also - there are bears.

18 Likes

Are bears good eats?

15 Likes

How many divisions have the bears got?

13 Likes

Bear should be prepared properly or your first meal will undoubtedly be your last. These recipes are proven and come from a friend who is an old timer. For eating purposes we choose a fall kill rather than a spring as the spring bear is quite often parasitic from it’s long winter nap. When roasting you should always cook on rack about 2 inches above bottom of pan as bear is quite greasy. Always place about one inch of water in bottom of pan.

Some recipes are over there:

I’d probably eat the horses first.

13 Likes

Fair enough! I was thinking about eliminating some of the competition for the fish and making food for those who eat mammals in a single move.

12 Likes

8 Likes

I read that as Anarcho-choco-communist and I was intrigued.

11 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text (2)

Horse really is. Made the transition from ‘staple food of the poor’ to ‘local delicacy’ some places. Proper Rheinischer Sauerbraten (roast marinated in vinegar and herbs) is horse meat, and delicious.

10 Likes

Yeah… We’d have to wear The Ears 24/7, wouldn’t we?

12 Likes

22 Likes

I’m in. Have been brushing up on my boomerang skills for when all the ammo runs out.

5 Likes