While the simplest answer is COVID-19, a convention of conspiracy theorists decides they have anthrax

Originally published at: While the simplest answer is COVID-19, a convention of conspiracy theorists decides they have anthrax | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Maybe they were (un)ironically fucking goats?

19 Likes

You know, if I was concerned that Anthrax was a real threat I’d probably wear a face mask in public settings and avoid large gatherings.

44 Likes

Ugh so you believe that anthrax propaganda? It’s basically nothing. They just want you to be afraid.

✓s

18 Likes

Anthrax you say?

11 Likes

If not for the fact that anti-vaxxer idiocy affects non-morons, I wouldn’t be all that sad about the culling effect.

16 Likes

Is there an opposite to Occam’s Razor? Some where the simpler and easier to prove the actual answer is, the less likely a conspiracy theorist will believe it?

9 Likes

Well, yes. Except for one trivial quantitative difference: the case fatality rate for anthrax is about 50%. So, as for the self-described infected, how many have died so far?

15 Likes

Dang, Double Dang!

7 Likes

Nobody who TRULY LOVES JESUS can ever get sick :pray:

12 Likes

There’s a kind of a twisted (like a prion protein) version of Conan Doyle’ Sherlock Holmes’ saying for cultists and conspiracy wonks

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth .

The twist is that you take something and nail it in place as an absolute truth that can’t be questioned or examined. e.g. Trump is still President. Then you take whatever path is needed to explain the difference between that and reality, because it must be the truth.

19 Likes

well, if 50-80% of those with this respiratory illness die (even with treatment), then we’ll have a better idea whether they have respiratory anthrax or not.

Or, you know, they could just get COVID tested…

13 Likes

I suspect a brain worms comorbidity.

15 Likes

what a bunch of 1

6 Likes

Goddam, Dallas!
Last I heard, there were still flocks of fools there, waiting on JFK & JFK Jr. to show up, so they could reinstall You Know Who as POTUS. They’ve been there for about 6 weeks now…

Yeah, well, here’s a free clue for those goobers:

5 Likes

That they haven’t all checked in to a hospital shows they don’t actually think they have anthrax, or at least they don’t on all levels.

6 Likes

things-that-make-you-go-bluh-ron-white

5 Likes

If any of them lose their sense of smell, they will have to come to the only possible rational conclusion - that they have been infected by a modified strain of anthrax that robs sufferers of their sense of smell.

5 Likes

They’re already tasteless, of course.

3 Likes

Getting their woo-woo’s with sheep and cattle.