Sign helpfully warns of obstacle on forest path in Flintshire

Originally published at: Sign helpfully warns of obstacle on forest path in Flintshire | Boing Boing

5 Likes

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

25 Likes

Ouch! Maybe a tunnel would work better…

15 Likes

not a badgers nesting area locally

1 Like

Great action movie location:

6 Likes

To be fair, one of the few things Garbage Island is OK at is treating public footpaths as more than an afterthought – there are lots of places where you can cross UK motorways on foot, using bridges and underpasses built at significant expense, even in places where it’s just a handful of hikers and bored rural kids using them. And they’re good-quality footbridges, too – you could almost pretend you were in a functioning Northern European country.

Obviously this is not an example of that. But c’mon, there are US cities where it’s harder to get across the street.

15 Likes

My daughter was left off at the wrong bus stop, she ran across 270 at Frederick MD of those of you who know what means yea I’m still shiting that brick.

15 Likes

How long has the footpath been there vs the motorway?

6 Likes

Yea, could someone translate please.

I wonder did they plonk a motorway right over a right of way? There are various easements that would preclude it and sticking a sign on it would be the kind of shit that happens when someone sues pointing this out and the authority applies for retention.

ETA not dies autofuckup

6 Likes

Probably hundreds of years. Most footpaths in the UK are ancient rights-of-way.

5 Likes

“Druid Crossing Next 2 Miles”

10 Likes

We will pray with those old druids.
They drink fermented fluids.
Waltzing naked through the woo-ids.
And it’s good enough for me.

7 Likes

“I’m tired of this city, all this toil and strife. Running across the boulevard, playing Frogger with my life…”

2 Likes

“Sign helpfully warns of obstacle”

Videographer unhelpfully does not provide legible image of sign.

4 Likes

From watching the video on YouTube, the sign appears to say “[Dual?] carriageway, cross with care”, along with a prayer in Welsh to Saint Christopher, patron saint of travelers.

5 Likes

I am not in the office at the moment. Send any prayers to be answered.

6 Likes

Never mind. I’ll try Heqet.

3 Likes

That’s better than trying to cross 270 at Rockville, but you don’t really want to cross an interstate anywhere.

2 Likes

“With care” is doing all the heavy lifting with this sign.

4 Likes