Signs that You're Addicted to BoingBoing BBS

I had to reset my password because I’m always, always logged on, but now I have a new computer. No idea what my password was.

17 Likes

When you’re at work in Outlook highlighting a sentence of an email, like an idiot looking for the “Quote Reply” to show up.

18 Likes

Your personal mythology includes stories that hinge upon the opening of a safe.

17 Likes

It’s friggin’ Christmas Eve and yet here you are. Junkie.

*fist bump*

20 Likes

Like I got anywhere better to be. :smiley:

14 Likes

Where else should we be?

7 Likes

Get banned for a month. It will cure the addiction.

The best part is that you’ll get no warning, no chance of recourse or defense, or even a clear explanation of why.

14 Likes

I wish I’d phrased that as ‘You observe Christmas/Yule and yet here you are.’ Not every BBer observes this holiday. Others do, but they hate it.

To the latter: have some peppermint cocoa and stollen, you grinches.

5 Likes

I got banned for a week for making a joke that was too pedantic and it took a week to sort out what happened. SRSLY. Probably needed a longer ban to really kick the habit though. FWIW you ban was BS and I was sad to see it happen to you since you always have something interesting to add.

12 Likes

Thank you.

My main gripe wasn’t the ban itself, which could be debated and opinions would vary (“aka I can be an asshole at times”), it is that you find out you’re banned when you come to the site, see you’re logged out, and try to log in, only to be told it failed because you’re banned for “one line reason here for ‘x’ days.” No chance to appeal. No warning. No one to talk to about it if you disagree with why (assuming you can figure out why and aren’t just “wot?!”).

8 Likes

Happy solstice plus 88 hours :sun_with_face:

11 Likes

Yeah, I got logged out and logged in to “Annoying != pedantic.” This was not helpful, and the lack of appeal or even explanation of WTF was happening was frustrating. And then I was forced to be more productive at work. Kidding. I wasted more time on Twitter…

7 Likes

Me too. :slight_smile:

Yes, the cutsey things from whichever individual never admits to being the actual moderator (with no warning as well) are not helpful.

I actually swore I wouldn’t bother to come back after a month but I like enough of the people here that I did anyway, in spite of our staff and lack of process.

13 Likes

Also, happy perihelion minus 10½ days :sunny: :earth_americas:

7 Likes

When you still start to log in, even though you know you’re on a temporary “time-out.”

When you know you’re on time-out w/o checking.

12 Likes

You’ve made kind of a lot of fan art dedicated to Rob’s safe:

29 Likes

I was addicted and did quit. This is not me, I am not here.

15 Likes

When badging somebody’s post makes you smile.

14 Likes

When you’re on the BBS from within an aeroplane

20 Likes

:slight_smile:

8 Likes