Silicon Valley will use lasers to combat bothersome crows

I’m with you.

8 Likes

Congratulations! You have given lasers to crows.

What would you like to add to their arsenal next?

2 Likes

Yep. Methinks there’s gonna be a whole lot of super-rich computer geeks that have gone blind due to crows holding up tiny little mirrors.

1 Like

The geese already have knives.

So What Deal With It GIF by LookHUMAN

6 Likes

Same GIF by Debby Ryan

It’s so depressing. I’m not on the road as much anymore, but the roadkill always made me so sad about this same thing. We don’t have to do it this way.

11 Likes

We’ll need to gear 'em up with protective goggles.

In the meantime:

13 Likes

In a recent update Crows have identified individuals who aim lasers at them and humanely shit all over them and their cars. Go Crow GO!

7 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/ki6fnd/oregon_i_accidentally_created_an_army_of_crow/

6 Likes

Unless it’s just one crow. Then it’s attempted murder.

12 Likes

Plus you can’t be too careful around animals whose group name is a “murder”.

6 Likes

i want crows - with frikken’ laser beams attached to their heads…

this will not end well.

4 Likes

Obligs

season 6 GIF

10 Likes

Crownet vs. Skynet: Who will win?

5 Likes

My local crows like pet kibble, and have learned to tap on the roof of the room in the back of the house that I work out of.

Still waiting for the gifts from the crows to start arriving…

They definitely recognize people as they tend to get noise when I go outside (and I’ll usually give them some food then as well).

My kid loves to brag that I have a “Crow Army”

8 Likes

Crows have messed up relationships with owls. Especially Great Horned Owls. The owls will move through an area and destroy every crows nest they find, killing the young before settling in to build a nest.

The crows will seek out and mob the adult owls during the day, kill them and leaving their nests to fail.

Other than that, crows seem pretty chill with other birds. And will even act as sort of warning crew for other birds in the area.

Though I’ve seen them chase off aggressive Jays.

5 Likes

Ummm, no. I once got home to see the tail end of a massacre of the Robin chicks that had been nesting on our house. The crows took the nestlings onto the lawn and stabbed them while the distraught Robin parents squawked like crazy. I know everyone’s gotta eat, but it was really sad to see.
I like crows, a lot, but they are by no means chill with other birds.

7 Likes

Lasers? Wire hangers would be more effective…

2 Likes

Green lasers do seem to bother crows (and ravens) quite a bit. They don’t get used to them because it’s not a threat, but rather an irritant. It does move them along, and they don’t seem to become inured to them. But it doesn’t move them very far, so unless the use of the lasers is widespread, they will have limited range.

And hawks. Crows really dislike hawks, and will mob them in the sky. Typically the hawk will find a nice updraft and glide away.

2 Likes

Crows shitting on Silicon Valley? Where’s the “Delightful Creatures” tag when you need it?

8 Likes