Silly but addictive game

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/12/silly-but-addictive-game.html

7 Likes

251 for me.

Re: “Silly but addictive game”

“It’s your turn. Play the game…

From StarTrek TNG, The Game, Season 5 Ep 6
Image from Giphy.com

Edits: Added quote and fix GIF, and double checked attribution, fixed unicode symbol

14 Likes

23 big points here, and mon francaise est merde.

2 Likes

I don’t know if there are audio cues of any sort (playing with sound off) but if there are I bet they make the game much easier after that guiding dot disappears.

2 Likes

There are audio cues. The opening that shows you the “target” dot, corresponds with a sound as the distance/power increases.

1 Like

25 points…

original

13 Likes

They help a lot. Just count the ticks in the beginning where the guide helps you, it’s pretty easy to process the ticks into a measure of distance. That being said, I only played long enough to beat Mark’s score, so it may get much more complex further along.

1 Like

I wonder how many boingers immediately thought of that episode when they saw “Silly But Addictive Game.”?

Kind of a genius episode, I was hesitant to accept STNG when it first came on, but the plots really used sci-fi to explore interesting ideas.

6 Likes

I understood the hon hon hon part.

download

This was a thing a while ago:

Anyway, 323 points after three tries. Alas, I have other things to do today.

5 Likes

3rd try

5 Likes

It kept telling me about a “parfait” but I didn’t see any ice cream.

9 Likes

I got 204 my first try. As other said, the audio cues really help.

You beat me to it!

Recycled Material
50% of the environmental impact of a decorative product id from its packaging.

(If my rusty French is any good.)

1 Like

I got 493 - if you get a few perfect (parfait) in a row, the last jump is worth 25 and it sends your ball skyward. I think you can click on the little chits that show up for extra points?

I thought the little icons were something to do with the “cool and woke” gifts you can allegedly win on the sponsoring site. Though they didn’t look that cool.

Got 210 on my first try. An okay game, but not really my cup of tea.

303 points. Though the one I finally missed had a gold bullion bar on it; hard not to see that as a metaphor for something.

2 Likes